Tpms sensors with new wheels?

24styles

#teamsolar
Reaction score
The company i might vuy some wheels from for my s38v is offering tpms sensors for £140....is it possible to use the sensors off my factory wheels or can i just leave them off? Hopefully wont leave any annoyong lights up on the dials...??

I could be wrong but I don't believe there are any sensors in the wheels the TPMS system measures differences in rpm between wheels using the ABS sensors.

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Shouldn't need to worry about this as Audi uses an indirect system to monitor tyre pressure, they don't fit actual tyre pressure devices to the wheels at all, it is worked out using the ABS based on wheel rotation speed and rotating tyre size.

The system is likely configured for a set rotational wheel size though so it may become inaccurate, not sure on the exact approach Audi take with this system..

Reactions: DJAlix and Rob2k68
Ok cool thanks, will be going for same size wheels as stock so hopefully should all be ok

Yeah in that case you shouldn't encounter any issues! What are you going for if you don't mind me asking?

Either the rs6 reps on the left (cant find any genuine in 18")

The genuine bbs on the top right brand new only £650 (bargin!!)

Or get the grey bits on my stock wheels turned to gloss black and keep the diamond cut bits....

Attachments

• IMG_20151226_193751.jpg
    IMG_20151226_193751.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
Those BBS wheels would be my choice! Very nice and that price is pretty amazing for a set of real ones!

I think that might be the way to go....and keep genuines for winter

Reactions: Wondering Soul