My next A3 Sportback TDI, 1.6 S Tronic or 2.0 Manual?

Flugel Hound

Reaction score
Im currently running 1.6TDI Sportback Sport Amalfi White Manual Company Car.
35000 miles and 2 years in ive 6 month to decide whats next (assuming 6 month delivery times).
Im more than happy with what im driving, 1.6tdi is fast enough for me, I often think if I were to drive 2.0 would it be in the bushes by now.
Being a company car im keen to keep within car tax band B.

So im left wondering wether to go Same, 1.6 S Tronic or 2.0 Manual?

You must be some sort of ****** to say you'd put a 2.0 into the hedges, what's stopped you doing that in a 1.6?

Anyway, whatever engine you go for (my preference would be 2.0) I strongly recommend the S-tronic gearbox.

Assuming you have the company car because you do upwards of 15,000 miles per year, the S-tronic box and speccing cruise control it'll make a lovely car to drive!

My guess is, if you go to any type of manual car it's going to be a big disapointment for you.

Stay with the STronic box whichever engine you decide on. You'll soon get used to a 2litre car if that's what you end up buying.

Reactions: Sayam
You must be some sort of ****** to say you'd put a 2.0 into the hedges, what's stopped you doing that in a 1.6?

Anyway, whatever engine you go for (my preference would be 2.0) I strongly recommend the S-tronic gearbox.

Assuming you have the company car because you do upwards of 15,000 miles per year, the S-tronic box and speccing cruise control it'll make a lovely car to drive!

Is S Tronic the same as DSG? Audi website only seems to mention S Tronic in its glossary?

As said really.

DSG and S-tronic = the dual clutch gearbox = the one you want.

Multitronic in the Audis = Constantly variable transmission (CVT) = rubbish.

tiptronic (in the bi-turbo 313BHP diesels for example) = normal auto box with torque convertor = slower changes compared to DSG/S-tronic but higher torque handling.

Reactions: Rog_B