A4 Avant - Wrap and new rims on the way!

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
Inspiration

After several discussions about whether to wrap or not to wrap over the past few months we saw an image and have decided 100% to go for it... We have a price from a recommended supplier/installer and just need to choose the final wrap...

This is what the car currently looks like :

AU11 ALS 1

AU11 ALS 2

Really struggling with wheel choice at present... Currently have genuine 19" OEM Rotors with spacers but feel with the wrap need something a little different, but just don't know...

Currently car is lowered on AP Coilovers, wound down as much as possible at the rear but with a little of adjustment available at the front. Do have an issue with circa 5mm difference from one side to the other on the rears after they have settled so need to get that looked at.

What is the opinion on the wrap and any ideas for rims?

Have seen these but not sure they will fit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262201287422?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Reactions: Dtfrith
What have you been quoted for the wrap ? As for Coluor thats a personal choice & those wheels will fit just fine.

£1700 for a wrap :fearscream: how long are you thinking of keeping the car ? I would change the wheels first then see how you feel about a colour change after that.

AU11. Personally I think your car looks good as it is. 19" rotors are a good looking and well proportioned wheel. They are relatively easy to keep clean too. Bigger 20s means price of rim, and new rubber, add 1.5 K? for that as well. For 1 inch ? Mmmm...... A full wrap on a nice newish silver? I'd spend it on the stage 2 tune if it were me. Or maybe some Brembos? Maybe both? Just my thoughts AU.
And an afterthought. That purple car. I know I'm getting older but ughhhhh....

Last edited:
AU11. Personally I think your car looks good as it is. 19" rotors are a good looking and well proportioned wheel. They are relatively easy to keep clean too. Bigger 20s means price of rim, and new rubber, add 1.5 K? for that as well. For 1 inch ? Mmmm...... A full wrap on a nice newish silver? I'd spend it on the stage 2 tune if it were me. Or maybe some Brembos? Maybe both? Just my thoughts AU.
And an afterthought. That purple car. I know I'm getting older but ughhhhh....

Haha I'm a fan of that purple, obviously it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but I do really like it

1700 wow WOW

are you near to leeds ?

the person I use is very very good and wouldn't charge you near that price
and you would get a 100% spot on job door shuts boot bonnet etc etc everything removed and refitted perfect

and also rember you have to inform DVLA when its wrapped as a colour change
I didn't and got fined

How long does a wrap last?
I see vans with bubbles appearing where it has shrunk and pulled on panel creases.....

a good wrap should last a fair few years
I know the place I use offers a 5 year on theres

Quote: Haha I'm a fan of that purple, obviously it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but I do really like it.
Thats cool Radford, everyone to their own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The colour is one thing the rest of the car is the oddity to me. Looks like a lot of trouble to go to in my mind. But......different strokes. We all do different stuff huh.