My latest Audi, an a4 b7 avant black edition quattro

All done buddy had it done about a month ago few posts up Iv put about the dpf and the remap, still loving it doing really well got a full service kit to do this weekend tlc timeeee

Just a little update, the car was hesitating/juddering at higher rpms on full throttle but after a full service inc fuel filter it's all fine! Nice and smooth, miles better on fuel than before the map and dpf delete.
Been off work this week so filled up my tank, had a few rides out went to Meadowhall today 70+ just keeping up with the flow of traffic as you do!

Not a bad result at all 52mpg give or take, should get above 550 miles to the tank if the rest of it will be town driving which I'm happy with!
Really pulls well in 5th & 6th when it's sat in the powerband.

Hi James with the s2000 filter I have cut more than an inch off but still find its too long and causes my maf to turbo pipe to kink does yours not do this? Also do you have a pic of the heat shield? Thanks

you get 52mpg?! im struggling to get over 43 on a run in mine!

No mate my turbo pipes not bent or anything pal my b6 did abit it rubbed in the headlight but this b7 is fine, the heat plate is just off the airbox I just put a piece of angled ally at the bottom,

And Ian that's the power of the dpf removed and mapped properly! Still not amazing round town but I don't mind!

Im going to use shell fuel from now on been using sainsburies but it still judders on full boost sometimes not as often as before the fuel filter but sometimes

Small update, always always always hated rear wipers I don't think they look bad it's the mess they do to the window really annoys me! Haha looks much cleaner I think! If anyone needs a new wiper motor for the back give me a shout!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
looks nice james, you just need to loose those downward tips for some nicer straight 90mm stainless ones, it will change the back end completely chap.

Iv been umming and arring about those! I might try to get some better backboxes instead of the tips but I don't want it to be as loud as my b6 pd130 when that was straight through. Whose thread had the links to some nice tips? Il have to have a browse tomorrow :-D

both carl and dimi are running some really nice tips, well quite a few guys are running similar tips and they are all a massive improvement over the oem downward goobies.

Reactions: James.c
Super fast delivery really nice quality, great product :-D

Reactions: Tyrer, D6DPH, Jimbo slide and 3 others
now we're talking top tips james, massive improvement over the previous items, looking really ace now chap, you should have done it sooner .

Thanks mate really pleased! I know! I fancied a full system but can't put the money in the cars direction just yet so these are perfect!
That's almost it for the exterior not a lot else I fancy doing other than some better headlamps and maybe some 19" wheels the same style!

Look very nice matey. They the ones Carl posted a link upto?

So have you welded or clamped them on?

Yeah there the ones, from Cyprus but incredibly quick delivery! I drilled and riveted them on with some stainless rivets because I'm an impatient sod and couldn't wait for my mates welder lol

Reactions: Charlie Farley and carlcall
Looking really nice James.....I see you mounted yours centralised like Rob did with his.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and James.c
I was sat there twisting them and taking a step back at all angles for about quarter of an hour haha

Reactions: Charlie Farley and carlcall
I was sat there twisting them and taking a step back at all angles for about quarter of an hour haha

Hahahaha I was doing that also....Mrs was looking at me and asking what I was doing....still went over her head when I told her!

You're also running some nice tips Rob.
my first choice was the ones you both went with but they were out of stock when I wanted a set and i'm not mr patient anymore ..lol, so went with my current ones, tips do change the whole rear end look of a car , just a simple change of a piece of stainless steel tube can work wonders.....

Reactions: carlcall
A little direct comparison, Duno if it's in my head but just driving normal sounds a tiny bit deeper haha Must be the placebo affect ;-)

Reactions: carlcall
A little direct comparison, Duno if it's in my head but just driving normal sounds a tiny bit deeper haha Must be the placebo affect ;-)

No it's not a placebo the car does sound a little deeper. Before with the drinkers droop tailpipes it was basically whisper silent, even with your foot firmly planted down on the accelerator.

But since replacing them on mine my lad says it sounds nicer as you can hear it a little bit now under full load.

Cheers mate progress is slow but she's a keeper so I suppose it's ok haha!

Reactions: Toblahoe
Any chance you could post a link to the tips @James.c ? I've been scratching my head of things to do with my A4 Avant (owned it 7 years!) and I think this could well be my first mod :)

Quick question guys.. I'm looking to buy myself a a4 b7 but a little confused.. is there such a thing as a black edition b7 as all I'm seeing is a special edition.. and what extras does this provide.. thanks in advance

Black Edition was invented after the B7 but the Special edition S-line gives you leather seats, black headlining and black front grille amongst other things...

Black Edition was invented after the B7 but the Special edition S-line gives you leather seats, black headlining and black front grille amongst other things...

and if you have the 2.0tfsi special edition it will have the BUL engine which is also fitted to the DTM's , uprated disks, black 80mm exhaust tips and other goodies, also made at the RS factory .
black grill was introduced on the mk2 special edition along with black roof rail as the mk1 had the chrome flavour grill and satin roof rails, wheel are different too, mk1 shared the same multispoke ronal rims as on the DTM the mk2 had the more widely used le-mans/rs4 type rims.
options and trim levels can still vary widely across all the variants inc special editions wether petrol or desiel.

Last edited:
Ah makes more sense now.. thanks guys.
So what does the newer black editions have extra then?

Havnt been on here for ages! And havnt really done anything exciting either :disappointed: but I have cleaned out my intake and put a new actuator on it. I cleaned the egr and asv (I think it's called some call it the throttle body?) I cleaned those ages ago when I fitted the egr blank but thought I'd do the intake aswell now seen as it was still juddering. Been on two long drives now and it's pulling like a dream. So strong in the powerband in 4th and 5th :grin: and still getting great mpg. I think it could just do with a few more horses maybe 240ish would be perfect.
Here's a few pics anyway.

well that's certainly shifted a fair old bit of crud james, a very satisfying job and saved yourself a lot of ££'s in garage labour costs, I bet you can notice the improvement already.
Good job , well done chap.

rob

Iv got a mate with a track Saxo with nitrous I don't think I could be ***** filling it up all the time lol I'm thinking just a different turbo either a hybrid or a 2260 but try keep everything else fairly stock and the torque low. Fmic maybe and a clutch of mine ever goes, don't fancy getting a new exhaust or injectors shouldn't have too get anything with 230/240hp I don't think we shall see, got money to go elsewhere first:pensive:

and if you have the it will have the BUL engine which is also fitted to the DTM's , uprated disks, black 80mm exhaust tips and other goodies, also made at the RS factory .
black grill was introduced on the mk2 special edition along with black roof rail as the mk1 had the chrome flavour grill and satin roof rails, wheel are different too, mk1 shared the same multispoke ronal rims as on the DTM the mk2 had the more widely used le-mans/rs4 type rims.
options and trim levels can still vary widely across all the variants inc special editions wether petrol or desiel.

I think I have replaced my B6 2.5TDI with a B7 2.0tfsi special edition - I did not really know they existed tbh - but as per you post above it seems to be a MK1

I am not sure the seller did either

is has the WUA chassis number BUL engine code and the Quattro GmbH sticker by the air con pipes

are they that much more sort after than the cooking model?

and are these the original wheels?
WP 20160728 09 15 54 Pro

thanks

Hodgy

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro
yep, you have a mk1 2.0tfsi 220bhp Quattro avant s-line special edition, looks to be in factory condition too, original ronal "DTM" style rims aswell.
as far as being more sought after, good ones are but it trying to find a good one is not allways that easy, spec vary a bit aswell , what spec is your avant.

yep, you have a mk1 2.0tfsi 220bhp Quattro avant s-line special edition, looks to be in factory condition too, original ronal "DTM" style rims aswell.
as far as being more sought after, good ones are but it trying to find a good one is not allways that easy, spec vary a bit aswell , what spec is your avant.

it obviously has the two tone black/grey leather (a deal breaker for me when I was looking for a 2.0T) - armrest, DIS, Bose labelled speakers/sub woofer and rear parking sensors (which came as a surprise!!!)

the only thing it does not have (in my limited knowledge of the options available) which my TDI had is Cruise Control - a shame, as although not much use in the UK, it is great on the continent

I just have to monitor the Oil consumption as I have read of issues - it has only done 66K
oh and the oil sludge / pickup issue too - lol

cruise control fitment does tend to be all over the place to be honest, you'd think it would be standard fitment in a pretty well top of the range model, but , as with most things audi it's not and that applies to pretty well all audi specs in as much as there isn't t really any standard spec.
I didn't have blue tooth or rnse in mine , but I did get a lot of other goodies that were options on the special eds, you win some you loose some, and with most things a lot of audi options can be retro fitted within reason.
the two tone leather is standard fitment to special eds though, single colour and softer leather trims such as valcona is an option extra.
you can get cruise fitted for a couple of hundred .
deffo keep a regular eye on the oil level, I check mine once a week as a minimum as it does still use a bit, also keep an eye on the diverter valve , if you notice a drop in boost /performance it may well be to blame unless its been replaced already.