S Tronic A3........which engine?

The only thing I worry about with the 184 TDI is that an S3 is only another 2k more (basic with no options) which makes me think is it worth saving for that even though fuel economy is low etc but not too worried about that. Does the 184 feel better that the 150 TDI in s-Tronic?
Seriously if fuel consumption is not an issue and like you said the S3 is only 2k more I would hold out for it you won't be disappointed ..:salute: The S3 in basic come well equipped leather, sat nav ,phone prep, xenon headlamps and magnetic ride as standard if you opt for the saloon...:readit:

Seriously if fuel consumption is not an issue and like you said the S3 is only 2k more I would hold out for it you won't be disappointed ..:salute: The S3 in basic come well equipped leather, sat nav ,phone prep, xenon headlamps and magnetic ride as standard if you opt for the saloon...:readit:
The main reason I went for the 184 over the 150 is that there noticeably more power and torque, especially when coming out of corners and I was already used to the power and torque of the 170 and didn't really want to go backwards. As far as the S3 is concerned it is a nice car but although I have owned many different petrol engined cars including four A3s, a Golf VR6 and four Golf GTIs I find I now prefer the low-down power and torque of a diesel. Also the S3 comes with 'extras' that I would definitely not want on my car, like sport suspension, 18" wheels, leather upholstery and flat-bottomed steering wheel. So I went for the 184 TDI in Sport trim with the softer SE suspension and as Audi only do the 184 with s-tronic in quattro form I had to have that as well (shame!) I'm certainly no 'boy-racer' but I still like to drive in a lively manner and find the 184, s-tronic, and quattro and SE suspension suits me very well. But a lot can depend on what you have been used to in the past. I'm sure if I was still driving my original diesel A3 the the current 150 would appear more than adequate.

Reactions: Baldyone and pburv
The main reason I went for the 184 over the 150 is that there noticeably more power and torque, especially when coming out of corners and I was already used to the power and torque of the 170 and didn't really want to go backwards. As far as the S3 is concerned it is a nice car but although I have owned many different petrol engined cars including four A3s, a Golf VR6 and four Golf GTIs I find I now prefer the low-down power and torque of a diesel. Also the S3 comes with 'extras' that I would definitely not want on my car, like sport suspension, 18" wheels, leather upholstery and flat-bottomed steering wheel. So I went for the 184 TDI in Sport trim with the softer SE suspension and as Audi only do the 184 with s-tronic in quattro form I had to have that as well (shame!) I'm certainly no 'boy-racer' but I still like to drive in a lively manner and find the 184, s-tronic, and quattro and SE suspension suits me very well. But a lot can depend on what you have been used to in the past. I'm sure if I was still driving my original diesel A3 the the current 150 would appear more than adequate.
Yeh.Having to have quattro..What a B@mm#r...:haha: