Sidelight replacement

SnazzyWafles

Reaction score
Any of you lot any tips on getting the little side light bulb out? Ideally I'd rather not be taking the bumper off as I've a lack of tools and workspace. The headlights are the boring old hallogen candle units that come as standard on 05 plate. Ive got the dipped beam cover off and I can barely get my fingers on them. Pair on pliers?

long nosed pliers helped me

Reactions: SnazzyWafles
They are stuck in tight if never been out before. Long nose pliers will help but give the bulb holder a wiggle to break the seal and loosen it a bit. then pull out straight. A squirt of WD 40 will also help.

Is it a straight pull or twist? Driver side is being a pain in the ****, don't even want to think about how bad the passenger side is going to be :sadlike:

Gave up on the sidelights, as ill just change them when i change the grill in a couple of days. Went to change number plate bulbs and only went and stripped the screw. If anyone needs me I'll be outside banging my head against the wall

Reactions: LEE69
@TimWills28
Cheers for the video, I'll try with the screwdriver tomorow and see how it goes!

@Orange225
Im a good hour and a half away (lancaster) so I'd probaly just take the bumper off if it really came to that. Thank you for the offer though :)

The saga continues!

After long stink of head banging I decided to re-aproach the side light fitting. I had been trying to reach from the opening to the dipped beam (very long but rather straight opening). Stupidly i hadnt considered using the opening for the main beam. Once is did both side lights were out in meer seconds!

However my stint of bad luck hasnt ended yet. One of the flippin leds is dead on arrival. Ive tried it both ways, in both lamps and sadly nothing worked.

Half way there though :)