Differences between MY15 & MY16

PacMan88

Reaction score
Evening all

Looking to finally ordering myself a new s3 but what I'm wondering is what is the difference between the MY15 & MY16 spec's? last time I went to order one you had to pay for sat nav but now I see on the Audi site its included just wondered what else it

Specification I have at the moment is:

3 Dr
DSG
Ibis White
Supersport Seats
Bang & Olufsen
Bi-Xexon Lights Upgrade
Anti- Dassle Mirror
Electric Folding Mirror's

Also wondered what spec's people went for

Cheers

Reactions: Jassyo06
In a few months well 4 to be exact it will be MY2017 spec to be honest rear view mirror and smaller paddles on the S-tronic

interior rear view mirror was changed in FY16 to a larger one and the rev counter has a "ready" position for when the start stop kicks in.

If you have a search theres an internal document on here somewhere which was around about the time i bought my car, but theres nothing major. Nav wasnt standard until Sep 2015 so it wasnt really a FY16 thing.

interior rear view mirror was changed in FY16 to a larger one and the rev counter has a "ready" position for when the start stop kicks in.

If you have a search theres an internal document on here somewhere which was around about the time i bought my car, but theres nothing major. Nav wasnt standard until Sep 2015 so it wasnt really a FY16 thing.

I remember when I first looked at these car's the sat nav was a £500 option wouldn't of been too happy if I had ordered one then found it was included a few months later

In a few months well 4 to be exact it will be MY2017 spec to be honest rear view mirror and smaller paddles on the S-tronic

What is the difference between MY16 & MY17 then :tearsofjoy:

Small cosmetic facelift and some engine upgrades

Hopefully see some increase in standard spec too.

The face-lifted A6 and Q3 did and be good if the same could happen for the A3. Parking sensors should really be standard IMO for example.

I remember when I first looked at these car's the sat nav was a £500 option wouldn't of been too happy if I had ordered one then found it was included a few months later

There was a couple of people caught out with this... I ordered mine in Aug with Sat Nav, when I got it was a NAV version so had to haggle to get it off the price, it was a UK Audi incentive so nothing to do with model year, the price of the car actually rose too mind so only a 250 saving. That said I did get the full 500 off the deal.

Hopefully see some increase in standard spec too.

The face-lifted A6 and Q3 did and be good if the same could happen for the A3. Parking sensors should really be standard IMO for example.

What sort of spec increase?

What sort of spec increase?

Don't remember off top of my head but think parking sensors and LED headlamps / xenon were made standard on some model lines etc.
Nothing spectacular but it all counts!

Don't remember off top of my head but think parking sensors and LED headlamps / xenon were made standard on some model lines etc.
Nothing spectacular but it all counts!
Hope so will ask tomorrow

Hope so will ask tomorrow
Audi A3 facelift rendering 0
Audi A3 facelift rendering 2
Here is ldea on how it will look,it won't be far away from this

Your sales exec at the dealership won't know either until they are asked to sell them, if you buy one just now ie a 2016 car you will get a far far better deal on it 11%?than if you wait until June to order a 2017 car 4/5% max discount

The newer models will only be available to order come middle of the year, not drive out the showroom? Choice is yours

Last edited:
I don't think more S3 power is on the cards.

Also, 2015-2016 you get the safety info on the passenger sun visor painted on ;)

I don't think more S3 power is on the cards.

Also, 2015-2016 you get the safety info on the passenger sun visor painted on ;)
Yeah a tad cheap looking even the new R8 has the same safety gash sign