AUDI S3 REVO STAGE 1 REMAP - JUMPY OVER 4000 revs

Audis32015

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone could help - I got my s3 remapped by Revo on a stage 1 and now under boost ( over 4000 ) its very jumpy between losing power then gaining power.

What could this be ?

Does it feel/sound like a misfire?

Mapping a car sometimes shows up faults with either the coilpacks or plugs.

If not,then there could be fuelling or throttle issues,but really you should get it back to the place that did this for you and get it logged.

Did they not test the car before giving it back to you?

I think it does feel like a misfire mate

I have heard alot of people saying about the coilpacks being a known issue. How do I test these ?

Yeah they put it on the dyno and all was fine

The coilpacks are less likely than the plugs to be honest.
Audi's service interval for plugs is way too long,and will not work well for a mapped car.

I would get the plugs changed first as they are cheap and then the packs if that doesn't cure it.
Neither will show up as anything other than a misfire on logging.

Okay mate

I have just had my car serviced (full ) by Audi when they changed my timing belt so they would have replaced the plugs so I will look into the coilpacks to see what I can get for them mate

Good luck.
You would hope they had,but it's not guaranteed unless it's a service item at that time.

I will check the sheet they supplied me with mate to check they changed the plugs

Is there any way to check coil packs without replacing them all ?

Reactions: S3Alex
You could swap one out at a time but I think it would be rather time consuming.

I've been very fortunate in still being on the original set at 80k miles,but some do fail early.

Yeah very true just thought I would be able to source the cause of which one it was lol

Trust me....few things on these cars are ever as simple as you'd hope.

If you have vcds you can work it out by swapping them around, that is of course as long as it is registering the fault

Alex is probably bang on with misfire
Other things it could be
Clutch slipping?
Do you know what settings it's running and is the car being ran on super unleaded?

I dont know the settings its running mate - Yeah its being ran on Tesco 99

I hope its not the clutch

Slightly off topic but there was a recall on coil packs a few years back, i got mine replaced for free by Audi so worth checking up.

Okay I will look into that mate and see - Thanks for that will have a look online and see if I can get any info

If your not getting any engine warning light on or flashing during it, I'd be looking at either clutch or fuel pump.
My S3 struggled on Revo stage 1 above 5k and it was the fuel pump.
I'd go back to the dealer who done it and see what they say. Could also be your fuel settings wrong as it needs to be 9 on stage 1.

So you think its not the coilpacks then ? I have look at other posts on here and they say that they are the cause.

I will give the dealer a wee call

It may still be coil packs but if you go to the Revo dealer they should be able to log the car with vcds and tell you what's causing it.
From what you describe I'm not convinced it's coils though.
Good luck and keep us posted.

My mate just texted me there he has a set of 4 orignal S3 coil packs so going to try them tomorrow morning first of all.

If it is the coil packs do I need to upgrade them or would the orignal be fine ?

There's not really an upgrade so the ones he has would be fine if they fix it.
People fit the red R8 coils but it's more for looks.

Okay thanks mate will let you know how I get on

Reactions: S3Alex
My mate just texted me there he has a set of 4 orignal S3 coil packs so going to try them tomorrow morning first of all.

If it is the coil packs do I need to upgrade them or would the orignal be fine ?

Perfect.

As Marshy has said,fitting the R8 red coils is for looks only.
Even the shockingly expensive Okada coilpacks make only a few bhp extra(and I mean a few) at peak rpm.

Mine uses standard plugs and coilpacks.

Thanks mate

I am just waiting on him getting these coilpacks to me - Just hope this will fix it ... Fingers crossed

Has anyone done this before to check coilpacks ?

Okay mate was going to give it a try but will just leave it since you said that didnt want to waste time and get nothing from it

put coil packs in this morning

Car is back to its normal self

Thanks all of you appreciate it

Reactions: Marshy and S3Alex
Glad it's fixed.

Enjoy!