Boot microswitch plug issues

SnazzyWafles

Reaction score
Any idea how to solve this? Am i able to disasemble the plug or is new one needed?

BVi7Bzq.jpg

Ooooo that got a bit wet. If all the wires are still connected ok, spray allround the plug with WD40 and gently clean the verdigris of the pins. Give that a try and if the bootlatch and bootlamp still don't work it will mean a new plug or loom.

If you look closely the white wire is actually rusted in half :/

Cant I just buy a new connnector? Is the whole loom cheap?

Might be possible to just do away with the connector and use some terminals to reconnect if you're handy around the tools.

Finding the same pins and crimping them up will be difficult. Had a look at the boot loom and there are no other plugs to connect to, the hatchback loom is one piece all the way into the roof of the car. I would buy a plug with a foot of loom attached from the breakers and make a neat job of twisting, soldering and shrink wrap each wire.

Reactions: SnazzyWafles
Cable sucessfully patched now the boot always thinks its open. Ive checked and its all matched up correctly. Am i right in thinking that the micro switch might be ********? Ive ended up leaving the middle wire disconected to stop the car always thinking the boot is open.

Yes, water would have got into the switch as well. Round 2 for you, ding ding.

Managed to find 3 part numbers

8P4827505A
8P4827505B
8P4827505C

Im going to have a look at mine and see which it is then it should be a straight swap I guess?

Ask mjr901 Mike in the Parts Request on the red banner at top of every page. He'll know which switch you need and give a bit of discount.

Cable sucessfully patched now the boot always thinks its open. Ive checked and its all matched up correctly. Am i right in thinking that the micro switch might be ********? Ive ended up leaving the middle wire disconected to stop the car always thinking the boot is open.

have you scanned to see if you have fault codes and then cleared them?

The car gets scanned quite regulary, I'll give it a scan now however I'm 100% possitive the issue is from water ingress and is just a rusted switch

Got my hands on a new revision C switch for only £40! It arrives tomorrow morning so will fit it and see if that solves it :)

Awesome. Would you believe I had exactly the same problem on my old 2002 Golf all that time ago, was the washer tube popped off and was fixed free as it was in warranty.They had thousands of them to do and haven't learnt any lessons since then.

Reactions: SnazzyWafles