RB S3 Thread

RB S3

Reaction score
Hi guys, car is back from engine rebuild, still running in and all is well( hopefully stay that way), cant be dealing with many more issues.
So have got past the 500 miles run in, am now giving the engine a tad more boost and continuing to run in varying load and just enjoying driving the car, and looking at it! :)
So im going to commit to the car, fit the ported k418T i have, miltek cat back, inline fuel pump etc and go for biggish power.
Here's to no more issues....

Finally got the crappy headlights sorted.. Much better :)
DSC 0160
DSC 0167
DSC 0161
DSC 0168

Reactions: Raiden, Gmac, tomjol and 3 others
Looking Good. Just enjoy it now. :) x

Nice drive to Cheddar Gorge...
FB IMG 1452183153394

FB IMG 1452183158090
FB IMG 1452183162170
FB IMG 1452183166090

Reactions: IPG, Essflee, Alex C and 3 others
Great looking car mate!

Reactions: RB S3
Cheers mate
I love it :)

Lovely styling dude!! Nice bright colour and some sweet mods you've got there. Nice stance too! Looks great mate!!

Reactions: RB S3
Cheers, its misano red and in person it's gorgeous.
Got 10mm front 15mm rear spacers.
Its got the gmbh factory lowering springs but will be fitting blistein b8's with apex springs shortly.
Its got the airtec fmic and need to sort the lower front grills as they don't fit flush at the mo.
Also splitter ready for after mapping.
Oem+ :)

Glad you're actually sticking with this and getting it tuned to its potential :)

Where are you planning on getting it mapped?

I had it booked in with rtech for December before i suffered the engine failure, they are holding my deposit so will take it to them once everything is fitted.

Reactions: tomjol and craigt1985
I've always wanted a red one, looks beautiful!

Good luck with the hybrid plans :)

Cheers mate, your car and thread has made interesting reading! :)
Btw how long would you advise i run the engine in before i tune it again..
I ask cos done 700 miles, and getting bored of running sensible boost and keeping the revs below 4k.
I have a badger5 map on the ecu but that was for the old engine and before the hybrid, manifold etc so only running map 3 or lower until its tweaked.
Think i will take it bk to Bill to get it tuned then at least it should make 280 ish. Otherwise i have to poodle around until i have the funds to fit the k418t and exhaust etc before going to rtech.
So after 1000 miles engine "should " be fine to tune??

Think i will take it bk to Bill to get it tuned then at least it should make 280 ish. Otherwise i have to poodle around until i have the funds to fit the k418t and exhaust etc before going to rtech.

yea, because I dont map hybrids.... wtf?
372bhp lupo k04 hybrid... Just saying
:p

Reactions: DieRooie
yea, because I dont map hybrids.... wtf?
372bhp lupo k04 hybrid... Just saying
:p

You've misunderstood what im saying.
It has a hybrid fitted currently, and i simply wanted to try Rtech as i have given them a deposit, and have heard good things about them....
No offence intended...
Just saying :p

Me too... It better be

So Bill how many miles would you advise i do before tuning?

i hope you've run this is in with very little mechanical sympathy. In which case its ready to go right now if you want. I had mine mapped at about 800 miles.
It was only for other factors such as leaks and small faults and extra tweaks that i didn't do it sooner.

I did 500 miles with n75 unplugged going up to 3k revs.
After 500 miles have plugged in n75 but running map 3 of 5 so around standard power and going to 4k revs ish. Lots of overrun and no constant speeds/revs for too long

obviously never worth the risk - but on motorbike forums a few years ago there were always arguments over driving as hard as you can from day one versus old fashioned running in.

Yea i read lots of different opinions and settled on the safer approach

I would be giving it more work to do.... but you have done what you have done... leakdown tests will indicate how things have bedded in.

I would be giving it more work to do.... but you have done what you have done... leakdown tests will indicate how things have bedded in.
How do you mean? More revs?

When an engine is going to spend its life being taken to the limiter and under a lot of boost a lot of the time, this is how it should be bed in. Imo

If anything was seriously wrong with the assembly it would have crapped itself the moment you drove it.

Reactions: Scullies
This is your test for bedding in :D

Reactions: SamHendry, Tj 0785 and RB S3
So after neglecting the interior, and as it wasn't raining for a change, quick interior detail.. :)
DSC 0178

Reactions: Rainbird
For anyone thinking about spraying there grey trim, this is what 4 coats of Frost Liquid Wrap looks like on the rear bumper insert. Initially thought it looks a bit dark but think once the windows have a slight tint will match better.
And bonus is can always just remove as similar product to plasti dip but IMO better.
FB IMG 1452771825410

I really should wash my wheel's more often... Are these the best suited alloys to the s3?? If only she was 30mm lower.. ;-)
FB IMG 1452789388732
DSC 0187

So tomorrow getting the beachbuggy K418t fitted, along with oil change, new spark plugs ngk brk7e gapped to 0.7mm as recommended for mapped cars.
Also have all the boost hoses checked and some replaced with forge hoses.
Thursday booked in for custom 3 inch cat back exhaust at a company called Infinity Exhausts in Bristol which after lots of reading reviews etc i booked in with.
Its £370 fitted which i feel is a bargain.
Then its double check everything is running well as booked in at Badger5 on the 27th

Are those original Audi plastic wheel caps? mine are original wheels but the plastic caps are a bit worse for wear.

Yea the are genuine wheels and caps.
Refurbished by Lepsons recently so in vgc :)

Custom 3 inch exhaust system currently being fitted....
Video later :)

Keen for a video! Are they mandrel bent exhausts or no?

All done, mandrel bends, 3 inch, 2 silencers.
Really happy with sound, not noticeably louder than before just deeper tone. When given some it sounds lovely :)
DSC 0199

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex C, badger5 and superkarl
Got a pic of the underside? That sits lovely. Seems a very good price if the rest is of good build quality.

I will get a pic when next on ramp.
Was £370 from decat back.
Get to choose tips, and 3 inch stainless with mandrel bending.
Video on Sunday of noise, although decat is vibrating on sub frame which i need to sort..

So tomorrow is mapping day @badger5.
Hoping car is healthy on the day and that i can finally get some decent power...
Will update with results :)
DSC 0203

That is proper nice. Whats up with the gap between the wing and bumper? And between the headlight and the wing?