RS3 new options - until when can you change?

jimmybell

Reaction score
Note: duped thread from A3 section - accidentally posted there not realising RS3 section exists!

I've spoken to a few dealers - one i'd like to buy with who has a car confirmed - and apparently that means i cant change anything.

Another I've spoken to (different franchise) doesn't have a build slot suitable, but seems to think you can change most options up until a few weeks before order no problems.

Anyone have any firm information on how long before you can't change spec? And ever heard of a dealer being able to swing something? (im looking to just add the tech pack for uprated screen..)

I think the build slot is week 5.

If the slot is week 5 it is probably locked. Usually 2-4 weeks before production it gets confirmed and no further changes are possible. The order will be code 20 (if it's code 10 it can still be amended).

Reactions: RGBARGEE
My RS3 was a cancelled order and I was able to alter it to my own spec; altered spec end Jul 2015 though and picked up Nov 2015 so well ahead of it arriving.

TX.

Edit - the dealer can test whether any changes will impact build date for you before actually pressing the button to confirm. Quite often they are reluctant though as delayed build date = delayed payment to them.