Vossen CVT

Craig F

Reaction score
Evening all,

I've had my S3 saloon now just over a month and I'm really wanting some 19in CVTs on it, but, I want to keep the standard suspension set up.

Will they look weird?.

All thoughts appreciated and welcomed...

Thanks in advance

CraigF

(Stuck in George Eliot hospital awaiting a blood transfusion!!)

I think they'll look good - what colour combo are you looking at - silver on sepang ?

G.E just down the road from me - wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hi,

Looking at gloss grey on sepang. I'm reckoning they will look OK as only works out 7mm wider per side which I hope will bring them more flush to the arches. Keeping a 35mm profile on the latest contis.

Hopefully I'll be out of here soon,,,

Reactions: Rob2k68
Any local meets etc in the area?

There was a meet at Birmingham Audi a few months back which I missed unfortunately, little lad is getting not so little now and has shown an interest in cars lately so he'll hopefully come with me more in future - easier to get a pass out that way lol !

Often if there's a show on of some sort like Santa Pod end of Jan or Autosport International this weekend a few members will look to meet up there. Also worth checking here :-

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/categories/events-trackdays-and-meets.13/

I agree - wheels should look great.

Here's a handy calculator to see before and after proximity to suspension and additional poke to the arch :-

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Reactions: Craig F
Cheers for that mate I'll check it up when I'm out the hosi!

Stunning wheels. I'm tempted by them myself. Grey on panther black, very appealing to me.

I've got a soft spot for directional wheels!

Got vossens on yours schizo?? Got any pics??

Looks spot on mate, I'm looking to stay stock ride height, I don't know wether it will look odd!

I need to 'try them on' but the seller has to buy direct from Miami.... It's not gonna happen!!

Looks spot on mate, I'm looking to stay stock ride height, I don't know wether it will look odd!

There was another usere here with a SEPANG 3 door with Vossen 19s, check the aggressive wheel fitment or Post Pic of your V8 and see if its similar to your car.

I would not even know where to start with photoshop!

Reactions: MA3RC
I would not even know where to start with photoshop!

I'm alright at it, not amazing but alright, if you upload a side on pic I can have a go for you.

I had cvt's on my sepang 3 door for all of two weeks.. Absolutely hated them!

Look good on photos but in real life....

See that is my concern, I don't want to spend 2k on wheels and really regret it. Bit like buyin some trainers then realising they look sh1t on!

See that is my concern, I don't want to spend 2k on wheels and really regret it. Bit like buyin some trainers then realising they look sh1t on!

So your not complaining the style, the road noise (tyres given), washing them, fitments or any practical use of the vossen cvts? Your just moaning because they didn't look right on your car?

I've just want to make sure they look right!

A few reasons I didn't like them really:
1: silver doesn't suit sepang (imo), though I could of had them painted grey
2: the ride was absolutely awful, this however could of been the pzeros, but i've got no trouble with 20" pzeros on my current car
3: the way that the wheel stuck out from the tire slightly and the way vossen have designed the lip of the wheel
4: how much it eventuates the wheel gap, you absolutely have to lower the car if you put these on.
5: it looked exactly like 'a new pair of trainers that don't suit'

I had many comments saying I'd ruined the car and made it 'chavvy' etc... really not my cup of tea at all and I lost a massive amount on resale as it appears that not many people want them.

If i was going to do it again i'd get a set of lightweight OZ's or i'd have the stock S3 wheels pained black (only the grey bits, keep the diamond cut parts).

@Craig F hope you're recovering well mate.

If you find some rims that you like and are looking to move the standard 19s on drop me a PM.