Fine Scratches on Black Nappa Bolster

chucky1

Reaction score
Guys, not sure if this should be in the detailing section, but here goes. I've got myself quite a few fine scratches on the right side bolster and the edge of the stitching along that edge, on my black nappa super sport drivers seat. When I get into the car particularly in my garage it's a bit of a squeeze and I must scrape this with belt etc. Gotta leave my shirt out till I get to work now. Do you guys know of a ? cleaning product with a black base? I have considered a Matte black shoe polish. Ta.

Reactions: Stonefish
Reactions: chucky1
Thanks Steve. Have tracked the Grison product down here. I can get it posted from Melbourne free. (Postage from UK is quoted at 40 pounds). There was also a French product called Saphir in the same category. Now I have something to go on. Thanks. Yeah, I didn't think polish was going to be the go, just a thought. White dress huh? Classic.

Reactions: razza1
@chucky1 there are several threads on the detailing section that might help if you have a search.

Reactions: chucky1
Thanks guys. Looks to me like the Gliptone Scuff Master Kit would be my best option as an all round solution to my issue. I went into the detailing section, read a lot, got onto ebay, then searched for stockists here and it looks to me that a direct order to Gliptone in the UK is my best option. Hahaha this is a long way from the random idea of shoe polish.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Thanks guys. Looks to me like the Gliptone Scuff Master Kit would be my best option as an all round solution to my issue. I went into the detailing section, read a lot, got onto ebay, then searched for stockists here and it looks to me that a direct order to Gliptone in the UK is my best option. Hahaha this is a long way from the random idea of shoe polish.
I used a Scuffmaster kit on the bolsters of my old B5 2.8 Quattro about 12 years ago. It's brilliant stuff; so are their cleaner and conditioner products. Worth having it shipped from civilisation. :)

It looks like this is the ticket jdp. I hadn't noticed these scratches until the other day because I tend to be in and out of the car indoors 95% of the time. It seems this is a bit of common problem though which makes me feel a little less annoyed at myself. Shipped? Gotta laugh, postage it seems was priced via Concorde.

Reactions: jdp1962
Same thing stone but I'm looking at getting the "touch up" kit, (36 pounds). It has degreaser, cleaner and conditioner as well. The dye is pre mixed as they ask you for your colour code in your cars book. If I'm going to get it sent all this way I might as well give it all a good try. The guys recon it's all pretty good stuff.