Hpfp and stage 2

Mod29

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering if anyone has gone stage 2 without upgrading the hpfp? Reason i ask is that revo's website states it doesnt need to be done until stage 2+ whereas racetechs sites says it does for stage 2. Any help or personal experiances on this??

Hi all just wondering if anyone has gone stage 2 without upgrading the hpfp? Reason i ask is that revo's website states it doesnt need to be done until stage 2+ whereas racetechs sites says it does for stage 2. Any help or personal experiances on this??
Depends on the map I think apr also need hpfp I went superchips stage 2 without hpfp , then got a hpfp the difference is night and day and well worth doing

Reactions: S3Alex

This gets down to what the various tuners name their stages as....

It is possible to get around 340-360bhp without uprating the pump but midrange torque will suffer,and if you uprate the pump it equates to what most software companies call Stg2+
Some people have also found that uprating the pump for Stg2 makes a bit of difference,but to get the most from that mod you need software written specifically for the uprated HPFP.

I went stage 2 without and at peak torque would hit flat spots, it was amazing when I put the new pump on and just felt like a different car but like Alex says, maps will react differently, I'm not on Revo so can't comment on how that would be without the pump.

Okay so if you was in my shoes.. 2.0 tfsi 3" downpipe 200 cell cat + intake, would you bother spending the extra cash on one or not bother unless i wanted to go higher than stage 2

The 2.0 tfsi hpfp is rated to about 280lb-ft and that's not far off the limit for the clutch. If you get the hpfp then you will just a higher peak boost and get better mid range torque. After about 4.5k rpm the fuel pump will be no problem and will go on to flow over 300hp at 6500. Basically it's only worth getting the hpfp if you are also going to do the clutch, and if you have the funds to do that then why not just go K04?

Its a dsg so am hoping the clutch shouldnt give me an issue, k04 would be great.. But its alot of time and effort i simply dont have at the moment

I am going for the internals, ran them before with no issues so slight saving on full pump then hybrid ko3

Yeah swapping the internals of the standard pump is what im looking at. Although is there any actual difference between buying the whole pump or just buying the piston?

Reactions: TimWills28
The Autotec Pump is just internals and will be perfectly fine for stage 2+ (Not required for stage 2)

You will need to change the internals (Spring) and also fit a new Cam follower in the pump :)

Hope this helps

If you would like a price please PM me

Pat