Puncture today

MikegS3

Reaction score
car has done 2500 miles if the tyre needs replacing would I need to replace just the one or should I get a pair???

ideally 2 if you dont mind loosing out. But then again if you only hit that low miles the tread on the other tyre wont be much. Try to get the same make and manufacture.

Reactions: Simon L
What ee sed :iagree:

If you have an S-Tronic box you may need to replace both.

Not sure about Audi, but on my previous Evo X, if one tyre went I had to replace both due to the SST box, likewise on my X5 I had some time back. Something about different rolling radius upsetting the gear change.

Check the manual / with your dealer service dept

could be a costly puncture then!!!

That's pretty bad luck after 2.5k mate!

Can honestly say I've never had a puncture in 30 years driving.....................now if that isn't tempting fate I dunno what is !! lol

Reactions: Minion Bob!
that is tempting fate mate!! funny my old man only said to me yesterday afternoon that in 2 yrs in his Bmw he's never checked his tyres then I get mine out the unit (weekend toy) and get a puncture also whilst I pumped it up and rushed back to swap for my van I met the grit Lorry coming the other way topped my week off nicely

Reactions: Simon L
If you have an S-Tronic box you may need to replace both.

Not sure about Audi, but on my previous Evo X, if one tyre went I had to replace both due to the SST box, likewise on my X5 I had some time back. Something about different rolling radius upsetting the gear change.

Check the manual / with your dealer service dept

If the wear difference is marginal, it's not necessary with Haldex, because it's a part time AWD system (no centre diff) it copes with it fine.

(Especially when you put on the vastly different sized space saver spare!)

Large wear differences, change them as an axle pair.

You should replace your individual replacement with the same make and tread pattern though.

Last edited:
I had a blow out on my front right in the summer and replaced both front tyres with OEM's when they'd only done 7k. Booked it all through black circles and only cost about £240 in all. I can see that there is a slight cut in the sidewall of right hand one already and if it gets picked up when the car gets serviced next month I may well have to just replace that again..

Murphy's Law, felt mine pulling slightly to the left yesterday and upon checking found a masonry nail straight through the front nearside - 2 new Michelen PS3's fitted this morning (my old ones had done 14,200 miles, so no good putting one new one on with a half worn out one).

Bah. Humbug!

The puncture was fixed yesterday so that was handy but there is some slight marking on the lacquer were they put the tyre back on I'm sure I can polish it out as I'm in the trade but my advice to anyone in same position is get them to mask the outer edge of the wheel before refitting I kick myself for not doing it myself!!