your opinions on my spec

A4B9

Reaction score
ordered my a4 back in December. just wanted to get your opinions on my spec and if I've missed anything importand or added anything I don't really need - not that it'll make a difference as it's been assigned BW6 (week commencing 8th Feb) and will probably be locked in

2.0 TDI S-Line with quattro AWD
7 speed S-Tronic gearbox
standard 18" wheels
black leather + alcantara S-Line seats
moonlight blue paint
tech pack
light + vision pack
electric folding mirrors
flat bottom steering wheel
adaptive comfort suspension
hillhold assist
driver assistance pack
parking assistance advanced

the two things i'm most unsure about is the suspension, should i have gone for the adaptive sports? I love a spirited drive as much as the next person but in truth, the car will mainly be used for the 40 mile daily commute on the motorway and the colour. I've seen pictures of the old a4 in moonlight blue and it looks awesome, but I saw this video review and I can't tell if that's the same colour? looks a lot lighter than what I expected but looking at the configurator, it also looks a lot darker than the only other blue paint option (scuba blue)

quite fancied the heated windscreen but I realised i'd still need to get out of the car and scrape the ice off the side and rear windows so I may as well save the myself the 400 quid and do the windscreen as well...

I would say that the video is scuba blue, I have it on mine now and it looks quite dark until the sun comes out and then it appears lighter. Moonlight blue is darker and metallic whereas Scuba is a pearl finish. Sepang is better and Ara blue is even nicer.

I'll be taking adaptive comfort myself. As for the windscreen, get a can of de-icer, ****** scrapping.

oh ok, no need to worry about the colour any more lol. sepang is pretty awesome, if i had deep enough pockets for an S4 then I'd have gone for that but IMO the normal a4 suit's a slightly more subtle colour

@Simonb1975 I'll definitely look into de-icer spray!

Reactions: Sandra
Also ive managed to wangle that supagard protection stuff for 200 quid but reading some of the threads on here, everyone seems to recommend not letting the dealer touch it because they'll end up scratching my paintwork... are they really that bad? getting my car from Coventry Audi, anyone know what they're like?

Ordered moonlight blue myself, best described as an inky black, looks black in dark light, and dark blue in bright light.

Also ive managed to wangle that supagard protection stuff for 200 quid but reading some of the threads on here, everyone seems to recommend not letting the dealer touch it because they'll end up scratching my paintwork... are they really that bad? getting my car from Coventry Audi, anyone know what they're like?

Guess it depends on how much you are into the whole detailing thing. I always have the paint protection. I know I could organize it cheaper but if I don't have it done at the dealers, it will never get done. Can't say I've ever had any problems but then I'm not the sort of person to spend (Waste?) 3-4 hours cleaning a car. I would say Silver and white take care of themselves once protected, other colours like black need a lot of baby sitting to maintain

Reactions: A4B9
I guess I'll just go with it and hope there aren't any swirls or scratches left on it

Anyone know how many weeks before the build week my order will go onto the prep stage?

Coventry are part of the Listers group, I deal with Stratford upon Avon.
It's obvisouly your choice, but super guard isn't even worth £50 let alone £200!
On my first new car the automatically added it to the order form at £500!! I told them to take it off quick smart.
On my current I didn't let the dealers prep my car as I had read quiet a few horror stories and I want a new car detail by a professional detailer. For me that would always be the route I go with new cars. But each to there own I guess.

Coventry are part of the Listers group, I deal with Stratford upon Avon.
It's obvisouly your choice, but super guard isn't even worth £50 let alone £200!
On my first new car the automatically added it to the order form at £500!! I told them to take it off quick smart.
On my current I didn't let the dealers prep my car as I had read quiet a few horror stories and I want a new car detail by a professional detailer. For me that would always be the route I go with new cars. But each to there own I guess.
on average, how much would an equivalent detail cost, and would that include protection for the seats/interior as well?

and could you get someone to go to the dealer and get them to detail it before I pick it up? The reason I ask is because I live miles away from Coventry (in Newcastle) so I'd have to drive it with nothing on half way across the country before getting someone local to do it - by which point, it may have collected a whole load of nasty salt and other ***** whilst unprotected

I wouldn't worry about driving away with no paint protection on, as a good detailer will do a full prep.
I have to say I'm not the most expeirced with all this so I'm sure someone move savy will respond.
I had my car done a few weeks after collection, I gave strict instruction for dealer to not even clean it. I did a non contact wash myself with snow foam & jet wash but that was it.
I booked my car in for a full new car detail and car pro cquarz uk ceramic paint coating had the interior and wheels done, cant recall the cost in the region on £500 I think but imo worth every penny car look. Cars will be 2 years in May and coating is still holding up strong.

Had a look online and there's a place nearby that does gtechniq new car detailing for about £350 - 400. May as well do that, nearly double the dealer price but at least there won't any swirls or scratches

Reactions: scotty76 and Keef
sigh, been pushed back a week to BW7... there I was hoping it'd move onto prep stage this week

What's the latest anyone has been moved onto prep stage? YourAudi is still saying order received and the build expected to start on the 8th. Even if was meant to start the week after on the 15th, I'd have expected it to be locked in by now

checked youraudi this morning and it's jumped from order received to quality control overnight... it really is a load of ***** that tracker.

"orderStatus": "20",
"deliveryDealerCode": "00579",
"orderHistory": [
{
"orderStatus": "24",
"statusDate": "2016-02-08T00:00:00+0000"
},
{
"orderStatus": "23",
"statusDate": "2016-02-06T00:00:00+0000"
},
{