bose mic revised part number

hollows wife

Reaction score
does any one have the bose mic revised part number mine has gone faulty 2012 a3 and now has a mind of its own , i believe there is a revised part no for the replacement mic but cant find it . any help ?

yeah by myself and vcds . its definately the mic its too sensitive to changes in background noise and is constantly adjusting the audio levels . proper pia .

What was the error code? You can just deactivate GALA which will turn it off.

Updated Bose Mic part # is 8E0862373A. Fitted one to my car and it has helped but it still changes volume itself, just not quite as bad as before.

cheers nluk 100 for the part number, if its not that much different then i may just do the alteration as described in the tsb and have done with it once and for all

Did you manage to sort your Audiopilot issue out? Sorry to bother you on an old post but I’m experiencing similar issues. Did you experience volume changes & an active equalisation change too (bass, treble change). How did you finally fix it, did you fit a newer mic. as there’s 2 different versions, A & B, I think? Thanks.

If you have a black edition then chances are it's the mic & there is no other fix that maintains the system, you have to change the mic.

I can still do the bridging of the wires at the Bose amp. connector though couldn't I to completely disable Audiopilot?

It's allot of hassle, I would just change the mic.

But on this & other forums i've read that changing the mic. can improve it but not always a complete fix, whereas those who have had the modification done & disabled Audiopilot completely with the wire bridging method, saw the issue completely gone & the active equalisation cured completely.

I've done both for clients & my advice is the mic.

i have the revision A on my s3, and it sill increases the sound, not too much... wanted to bridge the cable in the trunk, but the pin that i was suposed to bridge it to was already in use :S, weird thing.

what i ended up doing was, removed the microphone and put some sponge and taped it. then placed it back
it helped a tiny bit

Hi NHN. If I decide to do the wire bridging method can you tell me which pins to bridge & the colour of the wires as I’ve read that the TSB is for older models of A4, A6, etc. & the wires are coloured different on my 2012 A3 Black Ed. Thanks bud.

Hi Fernando. I thought Audiopilot worked by the mic. listening at what signal is being output & comparingbit with what it should be & then adjusting the equalisation accordingly but if you masked the mic. then the system would think the signal is lower therefore causing it to increase the volume. I maybe wrong but I’m sure I’ve read this somewhere that this is how it works otherwise how would it discern from a stereo signal to interfering noises coming from elsewhere. If it was just speed sensitive volume only being adjusted that’s 1 thing but active equalisation is a huge no no in my opinion & no matter the quality of the system it never gets it 100% correct. I myself haven’t experienced this automatic radical bass & treble adjustment, I’ve only experienced the increased volume at start up & I also don’t think the volume drops low enough when I engage reverse as I can barely hear the reverse beeps whilst listening to music/radio. I assumed the volume wud drop to near enough 1 or at least 2 when reverse is engaged. Thanks for your help buddy.

Hi Fernando. I thought Audiopilot worked by the mic. listening at what signal is being output & comparingbit with what it should be & then adjusting the equalisation accordingly but if you masked the mic. then the system would think the signal is lower therefore causing it to increase the volume. I maybe wrong but I’m sure I’ve read this somewhere that this is how it works otherwise how would it discern from a stereo signal to interfering noises coming from elsewhere. If it was just speed sensitive volume only being adjusted that’s 1 thing but active equalisation is a huge no no in my opinion & no matter the quality of the system it never gets it 100% correct. I myself haven’t experienced this automatic radical bass & treble adjustment, I’ve only experienced the increased volume at start up & I also don’t think the volume drops low enough when I engage reverse as I can barely hear the reverse beeps whilst listening to music/radio. I assumed the volume wud drop to near enough 1 or at least 2 when reverse is engaged. Thanks for your help buddy.

do you have an aftermarket exhaust?
mine increases a bit when i'm going outside my garage but after that it remains almost steady.

i do have an aftermaket exhaust and i did feel the difference in the volume change before, someone told me it was more because of the vibration from the exhaust inside the cabin, going inside the mic.
so the foam and masking might keep the vibrations a bit out.

still i dont have a definitive solution, like wiring on the back, which every guide i've read doesnt work because the wiring on mine is different :(

No, everything is standard on my Black Edition. I’ll try the mic. trick you suggested as it can’t hurt to try.