What are people hoping for with the faclift?

tankclark

Reaction score
What wrongs would people right if they were in the design room for the RS3 facelift?
Personally I'd make a bigger difference in the cabin to distinguish it from the S3, and I'd do something to make it more aggressive on the exterior

I think with the design pack the interior is different enough.
Before taking delivery I would have agreed that it could have done with wider arches, but having lived with it the noise makes up for the lack of looks - and in fact the confused by stander 'how is an A3 making that noise' is quite funny to watch too!

Only thing I would change is to have the virtual dash (which could have an RS only sport view) and the latest MMI with Apple CarPlay - but these are known to be coming anyway.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Virtual Dash.
Matrix Led Lights.
Better choice of wheels.
Leather and Alcantara Super Sports Seats.
Sports Exhaust available without Mag Ride.
More power to regain bragging rights from AMG.

Virtual dash would be #1 for me.

They will offer matrix lights / bucket seats / ceramic brakes etc .... None of which I'm bothered about though .... Audi nailed pretty well from the off :sunglasses:

Virtual dash would be #1 for me.

They will offer matrix lights / bucket seats / ceramic brakes etc .... None of which I'm bothered about though .... Audi nailed pretty well from the off :sunglasses:

Would agree with your closing statement there really, but what the diff on 'Matrix Lights' to the LED lights currently specced??

Matrix lights adapt to oncoming traffic by making a 'black hole' around them so you can keep full beam on the rest of the road.

As Jose says & ....

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and josedebardi
Virtual Dash.
Matrix Led Lights.
Better choice of wheels.
Leather and Alcantara Super Sports Seats.
More power to regain bragging rights from AMG.

Matrix LED is coming for sure, not sure about wheels or additional interior options, Sports exhaust without Mag ride is available now just in your region it is a forced package.

More power is coming too, 400bhp.

Virtual Dash.

This is an Audi UK decision, in France where I live you can already do this.
There is more than enough power, I would only consider one if it was 3dr and manual.
The additional power is just a chip away, the new TTRS will have it so the RS3 will get it.

The laser lights do that don't they? Current option I thought.

TX.

Currently Audi offer a laser high beam assist which supplements LED high beam over 37mph, but the laser is not matrix.
This is only on the R8 at the moment as well of course.

In April '15 Audi announced they were looking at trying to combine matrix abilities with laser, using a system of micro mirrors but it's very much in early development.

May I ask how you all know this? I am in the process of ordering and my dealer assures me there is no facelift planned for the RS3. I would really like the virtual dash if it is going to be present...

The 8V platform is going to be face lifted shortly - what is unknown is will the RS3 be included now, or later.

Reactions: Daniel McCormick and ChopperQ
May I ask how you all know this? I am in the process of ordering and my dealer assures me there is no facelift planned for the RS3. I would really like the virtual dash if it is going to be present...

Dealers will always say this because they want you to commit to a sale there and then, when I ordered my M135i a couple of years ago my BMW dealer assured me the M2 was just a pipe dream and was a concept that would never happen

I think the most likely scenario will be ....

A3 / S3 updates introduced and deliveries later this year - any time around July / Aug / Sept perhaps ?

RS3 could be late this year and first cars in the Country early / fist Quarter 2017.

All speculation and guesswork though of course !

Reactions: Terminator x
2017 agreed before we see a facelift RS3 in the UK and no power increase imho as they'll keep that for TTRS.

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
-better brake response.

-improved DSG7 software.

-improved driving position.

-improved handling/cornering.

I think most people dont realise, upping power to 400bhp and introducing an RS3 facelift straight after its released is not financially viable... Car companies actually aim to make profit ( despite VAGs Diesel debarcle) ... and Cannibalizing sales in higher models, is something Stefan Reil is very wary of... as well as ensuring they amortize the existing model RS3, through a certain quota of sales, before they just switch over. I remember when all the publications were saying an S3 Plus was coming out with 375bhp, and then a 420bhp RS3 would come soon after... its just unfounded dross.. As for the power bragging rights, the RS3 has more power than the A45...theyve just chosen to go with an engine figure that is achievable at any altitude, similar to what BMW did with the M3... in reality the car is putting out close to 30bhp more than quoted.

Reactions: Terminator x and Snake Pliskin
Exactly^^ the problem Audi have with the RS3 that merc don't have with the A45 is that Audis RS range are all 4WD so they can't exactly openly bring out a 390 bhp 3.9 sec to 60 car and brag about it as I'm sure the RS4/5 owners wouldn't be too happy lol
With merc they haven't got that worry, the C63 is The next rung on the ladder and only availble in RWD so attracts a different crowd who maybe arnt into 1/4 mile times and 0-60 times.
The A45's faclift 0-60 in reality isn't any faster than the pre faclift, all merc have done really is just be honest about what the car can actually do, it was always faster than the 4.6 secs or whatever they claimed

Exactly^^ the problem Audi have with the RS3 that merc don't have with the A45 is that Audis RS range are all 4WD so they can't exactly openly bring out a 390 bhp 3.9 sec to 60 car and brag about it as I'm sure the RS4/5 owners wouldn't be too happy lol
With merc they haven't got that worry, the C63 is The next rung on the ladder and only availble in RWD so attracts a different crowd who maybe arnt into 1/4 mile times and 0-60 times.
The A45's faclift 0-60 in reality isn't any faster than the pre faclift, all merc have done really is just be honest about what the car can actually do, it was always faster than the 4.6 secs or whatever they claimed
Agreed mate,

As you know,I am an ex A45 owner, so I know all to well what the FL is... quite a few of us are converting to the RS3, as its just a nicer daily driver, thats better built and sounds amazing.

I do think, to Mercs credit, that the new diff and suspension offerings make it the better track car...but in saying that, I will probably never track my car...and I much prefer the 2.5 litre motor.

I think the new RS4, will be a beast in a straightline though...so it should create abit of space there...but it will then be stepping on the RS6s toes haha.

Of course there is a facelift planned. There is a facelift planned for the next generation A8 that isn't even launched yet.
Cars are planned years and years ahead.

Yes the virtual cockpit will be available on the 8V PI when it is launched but it won't be available to order for months and months, and then you'll have to wait months and months for the vehicle to be built and delivery. By which time a special edition RS3 Plus will be in the works and then you'll be waiting for that.

Not fussed about the plus, as they seem to just add packs you can spec on the pre-facelifts anyway ala the SQ5 plus. Powerwise if I want more I could always get a remap so that doesn't bother me.

Really want the virtual dash and would be kicking myself if there is an opportunity to get it in the RS3 and I order the month before it comes out.