'14 S3 8V Project

subscribed! i need some inspiration to start on mine its mainly weather stopping me!

Reactions: S3Alex
Good luck with whatever you've got planned.

If myself or WonderingSoul can be of any help,we have threads here which are worth plundering....

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2014-8v-chassis-s3-sleeper-build-in-progress.258810/

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/time-for-a-build-thread-big-turbo.106134/page-48#post-2644103

Mine is 8P based but some of the parts and technology are transferrable.

Definitely some inspiration in those!

subscribed! i need some inspiration to start on mine its mainly weather stopping me!

Haha, yeah the winters never fun for projects... or keeping them clean!

Reactions: cpc_s3 and S3Alex
Came home from work early today so quickly cleaned it..

Just a foam pre-wash followed by 2 bucket wash and dry! Also quickly ran some wire wool over the tail pipes as the inside one on both sides was ridiculously black.. Anyone else get this? Considering the car had only 1,500 or so miles on it at Christmas (now has 4,500) I was surprised it was so bad.

IMG_0065_copy.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Want to remove the Quattro badge next to the S3, the previous owner had it fitted by Audi.. its not even straight :hopelessness:.. Will go out with the dental floss in a minute hah!

Will be ordering H&R 20mm springs along with a set of 15mm / 20mm spacers (15's on rear) in the next few days..
Also been talking to a place not too far from me regarding APR mapping, want it on the dyno before and after to see the difference though..

Looking to get the lower diffuser either carbon dipped or replaced with a actual carbon one too if anyone has any recommendations?
I guess it has been done in red by the previous owner? As I've never seen another with a body coloured diffuser??

Private plates should be delivered Friday (S3 USD).. Went for the metal with carbon lettering from Demon Plates so should look good. Want them on before the PistonHeads meet on Sunday..

Last edited: