MMI Glitch - Side Assist

dts439

Reaction score
Anyone had the following?

I have Side Assist and I noticed on a trip into work this week that it had stopped working (e.g. no lights on the mirrors when cars approached). I tried to check this by going into the "Car Systems" option from the main "Car" menu, but each time I selected it it just jumped straight out. I tried using some of the other systems (such as ACC) and they still worked fine. I then tried an MMI restart but no joy. Got to work and parked the car up and thought no more of it. On the way home thought it might have reset itself but again no change and still not able to get into the menu

At home I did a VCDS scan to see if anything had broken but no errors reported. So I just tried the menu again and lo and behold I could get into the "Car Systems" screen. When I looked at Side Assist it was set to the "Off" brightness setting. Increasing it back to my usual setting restored it.

So perhaps VCDS querying all the modules may have fixed it but still unusual. Would have thought a fault would be logged somewhere.