HEKO Wind deflectors

haggis84

Reaction score
Got a set of heko wind deflectors for my a4. Fronts went in a treat no clips required. However...... when i put the window up it destroyed the wee lip that inserts into the grove. No other place for the lip to go but just kept crunching the plastic when i was easing the window up. Obviously i stopped and took it back out but has anyone else had the same problem or am i doing something wrong? Back ones slide in but will need the clips. Any help/ advice appreciated. Cheers

hello mate, the clips dont fit in the rear of my avant, they are to big and you can see them poking out from under the window trim. as for the fronts, mine went in the same mate, nice fit and no clips needed, they were a bit tight to start with but they never broke and a sound now, been on for well over 18 month.

You need the clips fitted to press the deflector away from the glass especially on the fronts were they normally catch the rear top corner and trigger the safety bump down mech .

Put the clips in pull out at the corner a bit and roll up window and leave it rolled up for 3 days for the window seals to adjust .

It's normal after 3 days for them to rub on the last bit of closing in said corner .

The music to that video is shocking haha.

Reactions: Gazwould
i have had a set in my boot for over a year now,the wife bought me them at Xmas,so i tried fitting them,i could not push the clips in,they just would not go in. so i inserted them without the clips and it made the car look nice but unless you put the clips in there is no point unless your windows are always going to stay up,other ways they will fall out(the rear ones) or wreck the front window mechanism .hence the reason they are in my boot :-(