just one more thing .....

moonlight

Reaction score
Hi people,

Each of the last 3 months has been the last month to order and I must have changed my colour choice each month..Audi have now told me I have (definitely-definitely!)until mid Feb to order for a June del...I'm down to my last few hundred in budget and my choices are

Hill Hold
Interior light package
E folding mirrors
Light and rain sensor

I don't have any of these on my current motor but my gut feeling is to go for the mirrors ..any thoughts or experiences???

(Misano saloon s line btw!)

Many thanks

Mirrors and also if budget allows 'Interior Light Pack':footy:

I'd say light and rain sensor

Folding mirrors are great especially if you park in car parks a lot as I do

As for Interior light pack....it's an essential (seriously)

Reactions: pburv
+1 for Light and rain sensor

Reactions: azibux1
+1 for Light and rain sensor
As nice as the ILP probably is, it just makes sense I think to have basic things like light and rain sensor on such an expensive car, before adding 'nice to haves' like the ILP

Reactions: Ghost
Just go for the bottom three, there subtle but very good extras.

Reactions: pburv and Ignition1
I have none of those options (my car is barren of extras) but out of those I wish I had the Light and Rain Sensors.

I don't mind controlling my own lights - in fact sometimes I prefer to keep the DRLs switched on because they look better than having headlights on in an overcast day, where auto-lights will force the headlights to come on.

But I wish I had auto wipers - just feels so dated to control my own wipers. Even a 2003 Nissan Micra I owned (for a month) had auto wipers as standard! Was properly shocked to see it's not standard on an A3.

Light + Rain Sensor definitely. Second to that would be electric mirrors though I'd rarely use it.

Folding mirrors is a must to stop drive by dinks. Auto this and that is just money for convenience that any real useful additional functionality. Part of me thinks I could easily live without having added comfort pack to my order now.

Are the light and rain sensors standard on the S3?

I have all of them... muwahahahha :D

but seriously, Hill Hold is pointless if your's is S-tronic.

ALL of them.

I know this takes you over your budget, but it'll only take you a few hundred over and you'll only regret it afterwards and spend more trying to retrofit your missing options.

My advice is never compromise on options, but if only I listened to my own advice!

Reactions: RYuill
Light and rain sensors. I didn't choose them, but they were already on the car, a stock vehicle. I thought them a bit pointless at first but now I'm used to them I wouldn't want to be without.

I think hill hold is pointless all together. You get a hill hold function anyway with the electronic hand break, my manual certainly does anyway and I didn't spec it.

I have all of them... muwahahahha :D

but seriously, Hill Hold is pointless if your's is S-tronic.

It's not Hill Hold, it's called Hold Assist. I find it quite useful in traffic queues, so I can take my foot off the brake. But I would say it is the least important of those.
Comfort pack is good value as it includes several options for less than they are separately.
Of the ones quoted I would say that auto lights and wipers were the ones to go for if you can only have one.
I like High Beam assist, and it's pretty cheap.

Cheers...only received one notification of one reply ...and I had to waste 30 seconds in seeking out my post and lo and behold numerous replies...odd..anywhoo....

Thanks for replies sadly its a company budget and only allows one of these....the pan roof swallowed up most of it!

Makes it a little bit clearer and after doing a little more research...it has to be down to the mirrors and light and rain sensors...I guess the sensors would be more useful and I do miss the coming home lights that my other cars have had....the mirrors were just for show tbh..but then the ILP does look good around those cup holders aaargh...jeez its always the small things in life!..

Another vote for folding mirrors, could save you £'s in the long run.

Just look around you on your daily drive look at the number of broken mirrors and mirror caps.

With regards to the notifications, the system only sends you one email, and will only send the next after you've logged into the forum and read the rest of the replies. To save you getting bombarded with emails for each topic multiple times

To be honest, I'd dump the sunroof and save £1K. Then you can have more goodies.

Reactions: RyyC, Gazjs and azibux1
To be honest, I'd dump the sunroof and save £1K. Then you can have more goodies.
Agreed, sunroof is only useful in an s3 when you're going through a tunnel IMO. At the speed limit of course. Other than that it's a bit gimmicky and the novelty would soon wear off. Only worth getting if you've got all the essential goodies first IMO!

After all, not much 'sun' for a sunroof to enjoy at the moment!

Go for the light and rain sensors. The mirrors would make sense if you park on the street, but if you say they are for looks I wouldn't bother. I spec'd the LED lights and got light and rain sensors as part of that package. I wouldn't have spec'd them individually but I really like both features. The lights particularly. The wipers work well in several scenarios and not great in some, like dirty roads with drizzle, but overall they are good. The ILP is just tinsel. Probably worth the relatively small cost but as far from non-essential as you can get.

Oh, and I like the pan roof. It improves the feel of the cabin regardless of the weather.

Reactions: jimojameso
The light and rain sensor it is...I think there's more bang for your buck with this...and as NickyF pointed out re on street parking - I rarely do....

Yes I realize the pan roof is a big expense but its one extra that I had in mind years ago....I've had sunroofs in the past and used them frequently even on cool days....especially in the evening AND IMO looks very good against red paintwork...I work within 4 walls all day and its nice to have extra natural light....even when the roof is closed it makes the cabin a better place to be.....and its different to what I have now!

I was considering (in fact agonised over it!) ditching the misano and replacing with brilliant red but happy with the final spec....very nearly ordered it yesterday...but didn't ..just in case I change my mind ha!

If you considered Brilliant Red over Misano, then go for it. It really does look good and some say you can hardly tell the difference. That would give you a nice chunk of cash for other options.

A slight oversight of sorts on my part....the ILP is compulsory when speccing the pan roof!..I noted that but it didn't come through on the final cost (originally)..placed the order yesterday and its bounced back....3 things can happen now..I'm 'allowed' the ILP AND the Lights ...I remove the lights (although still slightly over budget)...or I have to remove one of the larger items and maybe add another cheap extra..that would mean losing the alcantara seats or misano......I suspect what will happen is I will need to lose the light and rain ...but there's still hope.