1.8t inlet manifolds.. side by side - comparison pix

badger5

www.badger5.co.uk
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
We have a selection of inlet manifolds here currently, and first time all int he room at the same time so handy for a side by side comparison picture.. from the top, Integrated Engineering, SEM, 034 Motorsport, std BAM.

12565406_921907031260716_8680473175370635064_n.jpg

Reactions: StaceyS3, Richie-XR2, HansfishS3 and 4 others
034 looks worse than standard, and the SEM doesn't look much bigger. So you doing some back to back testing then?

Plenum on the IE one looks the largest,and the fit and finish of their products is excellent.

Back to back dyno testing now.

Didn't know IE was that big.. Makes the SEM look small but been tried and tested with good results. Not seen many tests results on IE but been told that IE has poor flow to number 4.

Great stuff Bill! I have a 034 one and it looks tiny in the picture. The volume in the others is very different.
Is your intention to do some definitive benchmarking with dyno plots :) ?

Back to back dyno testing now.

Didn't know IE was that big.. Makes the SEM look small but been tried and tested with good results. Not seen many tests results on IE but been told that IE has poor flow to number 4.
no idea, i dont believe they've ever been tested back to back, but that in itself is hugely subjective depending on the powers being run. I've seen sub 300bhp plots show sem above ie, but these things are more for higher power outputs, and its at thos levels that they will more likely show themselves. Also, depending on whatever you have heard, hard actual data is nigh on scares/impossible to find.. and where tests have been done on some, its on a flow bench, which is working on vacuum, not operating flows at 2 atmospheres or more..

interesting gathering however, so I thought I would line them all up for a "smile at camera" picture

Great stuff Bill! I have a 034 one and it looks tiny in the picture. The volume in the others is very different.
Is your intention to do some definitive benchmarking with dyno plots :) ?
if i had time and inclination i may have done so, but thats unlikely.
the overall applications will influence the outcomes as much as the differences potentially from testing.

I'll see if I can find that info.

I'm happy with my SEM and I'm sure you are with yours bill. I see no need to change to a IE if gains are small.

I'll see if I can find that info.

I'm happy with my SEM and I'm sure you are with yours bill. I see no need to change to a IE if gains are small.
indeed. My SEM works fine for me..
SEM reportedly have said they are stopping making them... and for other hand throttle positions, IE satisfies that market