Look at the state of these tyres.

Ollie2014

Reaction score
Took my car this afternoon to have a new NSF tyre fitted as it had lost a bit of pressure and damaged the outer tread.
I ordered one tyre a Bridgestone Potenza,when i got there I asked the fitter to check the OSF tyre also.This is the shock I got.The top image is the NSF tyre and the bottom the OSF.I have never had this on any other vehicle.Just thought I would share these images with you all.
IMG 20160126 WA0009
IMG 20160126 WA0010

just had the same problem myself on my 8P, insides worn down on 3 tyres, one down to the threads, had constant issues with losing pressure and never saw it. what a joke!

I am glad Lee I only noticed on Saturday when cleaning the car that the NSF tyre was low so pumped it up and noticed the outside edge worn.So didn't use it again this weekend until I had chance to order a new tyre.Unfortunately I ended up buying two tyres today although not that expensive.
What I am annoyed about though is when I was purchasing the car in September I test drove the car and the tyre pressure warning light came on.The dealer (Audi dealer) assured me it would be fixed and assured me on the day of pick up it was sorted.A couple of times it has lost pressure slightly and I have pumped it up.I have covered 1800 miles in the car since September and would have expected although second hand the tyres to have lasted longer than 1800 miles.What I feel is they have not checked the tyre at all and wonder what else they have not checked.Recently I have been going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark so my checking of the car as not been as good as it should have been.

just had the same problem myself on my 8P, insides worn down on 3 tyres, one down to the threads, had constant issues with losing pressure and never saw it. what a joke!
I know how you feel I am really disappointed in the way the tyres have gone I could not believe what the fitter was showing me today.At least they are done now but glad I have not had time to be going anywhere of any distance recently.

I know how you feel I am really disappointed in the way the tyres have gone I could not believe what the fitter was showing me today.At least they are done now but glad I have not had time to be going anywhere of any distance recently.
I was unlucky enough to have this fail my MOT. not only that When one went flat I put the space saver on and it exploded after a few miles! Never been used either

I got the fitter to check my rear tyres also and they are down to 2mm tread so I am going to change them beginning of March ready for MOT.

That's why you shouldn't buy bridgestone tyres...

I take mine for regular Hunter alignment because the wheel falls in and rests more on the inner shoulder, especially on the rear.

tracking/alignment was done on mine to stop this happening again

Reactions: leshkin
Hm, I'd be checking alignment asap as that sort of wear doesn't seem to be down to a manufacturing defect of the tyre.

That's why you shouldn't buy bridgestone tyres...

I take mine for regular Hunter alignment because the wheel falls in and rests more on the inner shoulder, especially on the rear.
Didn't realise Bridgestone were no good.These tyres were original equipment on the s3 and are what Audi fitted to the car ,on the sidewall they have AO which stands for Audi original.

Hm, I'd be checking alignment asap as that sort of wear doesn't seem to be down to a manufacturing defect of the tyre.
Cheers Leshkin I am going to find a decent garage with decent alignment equipment and book the car in.

Didn't realise Bridgestone were no good.These tyres were original equipment on the s3 and are what Audi fitted to the car ,on the sidewall they have AO which stands for Audi original.

I know they're fitted as AO but I've just never got along with Bridgestone tyres...I'm sure to someone else they're really good. When it comes to tyres its hard to judge, what one person likes another doesn't :)

I thought contis came as standard on audi's???
For tracking /alignment check , alignmycar.co.uk pretty sure there all garages that use the hunter hawk eye