samsung galaxy note 4 connecting to my s3

Daz4311

Reaction score
Just picked car up...got a bag with some connectors in...but it says on bag for Apple I phone!!! I'm gissing without opening they won't work with my Samsung galaxy note 4?

No, you will need a micro-usb lead. If it's a new car the dealer should have asked you which leads you wanted. So if it's new, I would pop back to the dealer. (What other connectors did you get?)

Are the AMI cables free? Or just something that the dealer usually throws in on collection?

They gave me a bag with 2 iPhone 6s connectors...will ring up and ask for the micro usb one

Yes, dealers usually seem to ask what connectors you want and give you at least one. But it's not clear from comments on this forum, whether they are officially part of the deal.

I wonder why they would give you 2 of the same connectors?

Reactions: azibux1
I got the iPhone cables too, which is handy as I have an iPhone, but what is the other one for (looks like a female use socket)? Excuse my ignorance :sign imnew:

I got the iPhone cables too, which is handy as I have an iPhone, but what is the other one for (looks like a female use socket)? Excuse my ignorance :sign imnew:

Yes, you can get a USB cable. That will allow you to use a normal USB to whatever cable to connect a device. Not sure if you could connect a USB flashdrive with music on. Not sure why you would want to with the SD card connectivity.

Reactions: DH81
Yes, you can get a USB cable. That will allow you to use a normal USB to whatever cable to connect a device. Not sure if you could connect a USB flashdrive with music on. Not sure why you would want to with the SD card connectivity.

Yep, you can connect USB flashdrives .......and I do!!

Personal preference really, but larger capacity flashdrives are a bit cheaper than their SD card equivalents.

Reactions: DH81
thanks for the response, thought so.... So in theory the OP could connect his Samsung using that second cable?

thanks for the response, thought so.... So in theory the OP could connect his Samsung using that second cable?
Should be able to, but it seems they've given the OP two iPhone 6s cables rather than a generic USB one and an iPhone one

As far as I am aware they are not part of the deal. I had great difficulty in getting mine from Teesside Audi, had to complain via Audi CS before the dealer got me them as a gesture of good will.
Picked up my daughters new A1 2 weeks ago from the same dealers, same issue, No free leads on handover, daughter had to grovel to get an iPhone one, sent in the post a few days later as the dealer does not stock them.

Ahh OK.

My dealer mentioned I'd get one for a phone and maybe iPod I think when I first called them up