Late model 3-door rear lights help....

DanBoy82

Reaction score
This has probably been asked too many times, but I have a 2006 S3 3-door and I want to fit the later model lights on the back, now I've fitted them but they don't work, do these require a harness adaptor or can someone point me in the right direction.

Apologies if this has been asked too many times just struggling to find the answers on a search at the minute.

Tim Wills did a You Tube video on this and does require some vcds coding. Sure he will be along soon and point you to his video.

Ah no probs, I wasn't sure if its just a case of coding, still getting used to the Audi ways now.

I have a 06 S3 with the later model MY11 rear tail lights. They are simple plug and play rear lights, no coding required. Strange that yours don't work.

I'll have to have another look later as I was hoping they were a straight swap, as the pins and the plug connectors were all the same.

I have 08 and done it was a straight plug and play no coding needed

Any 3-door should be plug and play. It might sound a silly question but did you fit the bulbs? When i got my MY11 lights they weren't supplied with bulbs.

Sorted this in the end and yes it was because of the about lol, the lights came with the bulb holders fitted so I assumed they had bulbs.............slightly red faced but all sorted now.

Reactions: pint-of-mustard
Only sport back 5 door models require coding and harness. I did same mod with my 3 door before and it was plug and play and enjoy :)

Pleased to hear you got it sorted mate. The newer lights really freshen up the rear of the car, enjoy.