Steering light

Byers

Reaction score
Hi sorry if this is the wrong section so admin feel free to move.
Just recently bought my 2nd Audi A3 on a 09 plate and after few weeks of ownership a very faint Amber steering wheel dash light has came on. It's difficult to see during in the day but when parked in the garage or at night time it is visibly Amber. I'm also experiencing heavy steering now and then.
I've dropped it off with the dealer I bought it from but just wondering what to expect?
Any help would be appreciated
Dean

Thanks lee funny enough I thought it could be the battery. Hopefully get it back tomorrow

Please keep this thread updated as I'm experiencing the same light which is also on with the key out.

Hi Soot1 thanks for your reply, I've reset the steering wheel using the turn left right drive straight method but unfortunately no change and I am defiantly experiencing heavy steering. I'm just hoping the dealer solves the problem tomorrow, i can't fault them tho as they have been very helpful so far. I will keep you updated saq85.

Please keep this thread updated as I'm experiencing the same light which is also on with the key out.
Mine is also on when the key is out, more noticeable when I park my car in the garage on a night time. I'll keep you update

Heavy steering has not been mentioned before, in connection with the dim steering wheel light. Gonna be an interesting outcome.

Reactions: saq85
Yeah, my steering is fine.
I did notice the first time it happened I had a low battery fault when I plugged in vcds. Cleared it of course.
I've read in one of the threads that there's a company that fix clusters for around £75 maybe with postage on top. I've also read its a low battery warning...

I've checked my voltages on vcds and they seem fine.

See I'm wondering that because I'm seeing a steering light on then the heavy steering is maybe in my head haha if that makes sense. It's defiantly different to my last a3 and that had 8.5 j 18s on the front

Mine had the same issue (dimly lit amber steering light) a week or so back; stayed on for a day or two, but has subsequently gone off without intervention. No change noticed in terms of steering feel or responsiveness... one to watch!

Yeah, my steering is fine.
I did notice the first time it happened I had a low battery fault when I plugged in vcds. Cleared it of course.
I've read in one of the threads that there's a company that fix clusters for around £75 maybe with postage on top. I've also read its a low battery warning...

I've checked my voltages on vcds and they seem fine.
So I got the car back today. it's been on the computer and there is no faults shown up what so ever. It did go off but is back on again (very dim). Car seems to be driving perfectly fine. It doesn't bother me but is quite annoying. I was thinking about disconnecting the battery see if it resets it or something.

So I got the car back today. it's been on the computer and there is no faults shown up what so ever. It did go off but is back on again (very dim). Car seems to be driving perfectly fine. It doesn't bother me but is quite annoying. I was thinking about disconnecting the battery see if it resets it or something.
I've tried disconnecting the battery and that didn't help. I think the only thing that will fix it is getting it repaired from that cluster repair place. I'm gonna give them a call I think..

Hopefully the repair shop will be aware of this little problem and only affects facelift cars. Plenty of ASN members now finding this fault, just wondering how long before my steering lamp glows.

I tried to take my cluster apart but flapped it and only took off the outer casing Lol.

What you going to do with it if you take it apart?
The same thing I used to do with SNES game cartridges. Blow on it.

Nah not really. Just a look around maybe see some corrosion and try and clean/fix loo