Moving on from Multitronic to S tronic

Als

Reaction score
Just got my previous A6 SE Multitronic replaced with an S line S tronic.
Badly missing the sheer fluidity of the Multitronic gear change :(
Anyone else ever felt like that?
:(

I never really got on with it and the delay as the "elastic band" wound all the way around to select reverse was infuriating and - parking on a downward slope - actually rather nerve-wracking! It used to roll forward and I hated that... haven't looked back since changing to S-Tronic I'm afraid to say @Als !

I'm afraid I'm with Pete too. Never got on with a CVT, much happier with with ZF in my Bitdi, but even that's not perfect tbh. I think due to the amount of torque it feels occasionally like its riding the clutch whilst the electronic gubbins shift things around. LOVED my old DSG in my 3.2 A3 back in the day, just felt crisp, instant and foolproof....

The same ZF in my old 535 AH, seemed better suited to my style and I do miss it.

But anyway, first world problems eh!

Have you kept the same engine? I moved from a 2.0TFSI MultiTronic to a 3.0TFSI S-Tronic and have found the S-Tronic to be very similar (just as smooth at cruise), except its much more superior from standstill (no hesitation at a junction).

But, I've also moved from FWD to quattro so its hard to do a comparison given a completely different drivetrain and more than double the power...!

It sounds like your gearbox may need a software update / or service

My gearbox is super smooth. Most people report clunks etc moving into reverse or pulling away but mine has none of that

It may help that its only a month old mind! It was replaced by Cardiff Audi under goodwill shortly before I bought the car

Cant fault the S-Tronic box. Drove a few loaners with the Multi-Tronic over the years and didn't like it so always went manual. Now they have swapped out Multi in favour of S-Tronic there no going back. Just need to remember to put it in park now....