Fitting interior and exterior led bulbs

boner1690

Reaction score
I bought a full interior and exterior pack of led bulbs from t8ups and im going to try fit this weekend. Im new to cars and i have never fitted a bulb before.

Is it pretty straight forward? Any tips for any please let me know I have

Boot
glove box
roof lining front and back
DRL
Headlights
side lights

Pretty straightforward if you can get to the main headlight bulbs, slim fingers will help. I usually take the whole headlight unit out due to large fingers and change bulbs on the kitchen table but that means the bumper has to be removed. Use those thin latex gloves so you don't contaminate the leds (the yellow bits).
The interior lights are very easy, the light units just pull out with your fingers but a wide blade screwdriver will help lever them out, be gentle or you'll crack the lenses.

As above, it's probably easier to whip the bumper straight off and then you can get to all the bulbs at once. After messing with mine for what seemed an eternity and skinning my knuckles and fingers i dropped the bumper off.made life so much easier.

i wouldnt have a clue how to get the bumber off maybe need a friend to do that

for the interior lights like the roof lining just gently pop off the plastic with a flat head and swap the bulbs then the plastic pops back on?

for the number plates they just screw out and pop the new ones in?

Ill try to do the interior and the number plates at the weekend and get the pressed plates on. Ill maybe wait to my mechanic is putting in the springs in 2 weeks and get him to do the exterior lights

Taking the bumper off isn't as bad as it sounds. you just need to turn your front wheels to the left and right taking out all the lower screws for your arch liner, then there's the ones at the front at the top of your grill and then all the ones underneath at the front where your under tray is fitted. there's also one 10mm bolts, one on each side almost in line with your headlights. you can reach this with an extension on a ratchet through your arch liner. This is a great guide. and only takes a little while :-

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showth...nt-bumper-removal-and-blackout-grille-install The guide says 3 hours but following this it's more like 1-2 as the guy says he had to do it a little trial and error before he wrote the "how to"

For your number plate bulbs, did you get a little canceler loom from trups with your bulbs ? if so you'll need to pop off the plastic boot liner behind the number plate to get access to the wiring, again a very simple job.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: