A3 messing after getting windows tinted

GregerseN

GOT TURBO?
Reaction score
Hello fellas,

So, I have just gotten all of my windows tinted, but after this, im experiencing the car to have some kind of malfunction

1) Alarm blinking (hazard lights) goes off, randomly, and is almost unstopabble
2) Interior lightning wont turn off when doors close (if set to light when doors open - can be deactivated if set to off)
3) The dash is flashing in the instrument where it tells you "SERVICE", "OK", "YOU NEED WASHER FLUID", and all other kinds of lamps it shows, flashes between "OK" and something else that I can't decide what is.. Please notice I have the small dash instrument, not the large one with dashcomputer - just shows how cold it is outside, normaly.. nothing else..
4) All windows kind of "snapping" or clicking as if they want to close - but they are already closed. Sounds like they are living their own life.
5) I can't connect to the car with a VCDS tester, it simply says "No system found" - Tried two different ones, no luck...

I hope someone can help me.... Whats wrong with that #¤*"* car?

Could your battery be tiered or low on charge?
It was dead when I arrived to pick up the car - got boosted, and drove aprox 21 km to my hometown, where things still didn't work.
Started fine after this.. Battery was changed aprox two weeks ago, brand new

Have you checked the voltage across the battery with the engine running to make sure the alternator is working properly? Hopefully you'll have at least 14-14.5v

Have you checked the voltage across the battery with the engine running to make sure the alternator is working properly? Hopefully you'll have at least 14-14.5v
Actually I haven't - I believe its working as it should, but haven't checked it like that. Haven't had any problems with the car starting after driving those 20 km

It's worth a check just to rule it out as a possible cause

Steve
I'll give that a go, when I return from school, if they haven't fixed it themselves - I sent it back to them yesterday, and told them they messed something up, but just seeking advice in case they can't fix it.....