What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

fixed my drivers side window wire snapped bit of an *** of a job to be honest i brought the repaire wire if yours breaks dont buy the repair wire kit its a pain to get on. Get the full kit if i had looked better i would of as its only £10 more than the wire repair.

Have a look on ebay - I just picked up an upright (For my B6) for £30.00 so it doesnt neccessarily have to be expensive. I'm fairly sure that the upright on the B7 is the same part.

Oh wow that's much better than I thought it'd be, I'll have a look at doing that ASAP, thanks.

fixed my drivers side window wire snapped bit of an *** of a job to be honest i brought the repaire wire if yours breaks dont buy the repair wire kit its a pain to get on. Get the full kit if i had looked better i would of as its only £10 more than the wire repair.

how did you get on with your auto window raising and lowering martin.

4 new Pirelli tyres, 4 wheel alignment and a mini vallet, seeing as the sun was out.

Also, some goodies arrived in the post this week. 5 litres of millers 5w 40 nanodrive oil and my new turbo - yay

Reactions: Rob Avant, DieselJake, martin1984 and 1 other person
Your wallet must be a bottomless pit chap......but has to be done though....

Had a few grand on a tax rebate mate.

Bought tyres and oil for the car then the Mrs got her hands on the rest. Now it’s all gone ha ha

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Also. Car has started burning oil for fun. I used to go through a litre every 1200 miles. Now that’s down to every 300-400 miles.

Hope it’s not the rings. But if it is I suppose that’s a good enough reason to get the bottom end rebuilt and forged!

There is a small patch of oil on my undertray so there is a leak somewhere. Will check rear engine seal, vacuum pump, chain tensioner cover etc first but I think it’s going through too much to be a leak.

Car is on just over 120k now. Anyone have any thoughts on what else it could be?

what oil are you using chap, I normally use Fuch's titan pro 5-40 and the consumption has been very stable, last time round I went back to mobil 1 esp 5-30 as it was half price but it seems to like drinking it more than the fuch's .
I'm doing a 6k oil change next month so going back to the titan pro 5-40 as it works well and consumption is way better, at 120k your rings maybe a tad worn though, normally going to a 5-40 will slow down the burning a bit, worth a shot.

Ive changed mine over to 5-40 millers nano yesterday. Alot of tuners recommend it, but i dont think the consumptions actually that bad on mine after reading into it abit more! Im allso trying to stop the leaks, gota do the vacuum pump next. Good luck it should slow it a little

My old bus does prefer 5-40 , my rings are not that old so consumption will not be wear related,

Been topping it up with Shell Halex 5-40.

If I get back from work before it’s dark tonight I’m gonna get it up on the stands and have a quick look for leaks.

My mates Dad is a mechanic. It’s going down his garage to have the clutch done either this week or next. Will get him to run some compression tests and have a proper look over it. See if we can figure out what the problem is.

Anyone know what this is called so I can buy some replacement ones?

It's the plastic clip that holds the rear bench in.

Thanks in advance guys

20180422 164414

Reactions: Toblahoe
No danger - it's a mutual thing

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sprayed the inserts of my lights satin black along with the fog light surrounds and air duct for the intercooler. Makes such a difference on how clean the front end looks

caf6f7dd972ac7df34c40862a5b0e9a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan_Avant, Ash_mtb, Rob Avant and 5 others
BB7E8F61 3D6A 42D4 B535 657CFB95EFD4
Finally got the new track rod ends fitted, treated the rota’s to some new Pirelli P zero’s and fitted them to the wagon.
Four wheel alignment done and I’m a happy chappy!
Has made me realise I’ve got to do something about the brakes. Possible 18z upgrade when funds allow.
97222235 2BED 4B2A AC05 3E5EBFD2339A

Reactions: Dan_Avant, Ash_mtb and martin1984
some nice big red 18z's would go down just right, and, a nice set of S4 blades and a pair of RS4 mirrors.......looking good chap.:yahoo:

Reactions: Ash_mtb and Rob Avant
some nice big red 18z's would go down just right, and, a nice set of S4 blades and a pair of RS4 mirrors.......looking good chap.:yahoo:
Thanks Rob, I read your thread about the fun you had when installing your 18z’s, almost put me off!
Probably going to get some spacers first then tackle the stoppers.

Sprayed the inserts of my lights satin black along with the fog light surrounds and air duct for the intercooler. Makes such a difference on how clean the front end looks

caf6f7dd972ac7df34c40862a5b0e9a8.jpg

That looks mean

Reactions: aarroncolley and Metalsmurf
looks good on your colour car chap, maybe a bit too much on a black car though, nice work so far .

I do like those aswell, very nice indeed.
These are not something id look twice at off the car to be honest. But on they look superb! I rekon they'd look pretty good on the old dolphin grey avant, along with some coilovers that is!

Reactions: J0N
What are these wheels off bud, are they hard to come by?

They're RS6 reps from a place called Autoworx Teesside. I bought them about this time last year but I go through winter with my originals with snow tyres. I still love them and I think they suit the car perfectly.
3e2545f44d39e93e8f6abf5ea4b725d5.jpg

2240c392f37cf47fe75cb13c049ee293.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan_Avant and DieselJake
Right , that's it, i'm going to order set tomorrow ....they look brill.
Two questions though chap, (1) what colour are they and (2) what offset are they, i'm thinking they will just clear my 18Z's on an Et35.

rob

Reactions: J0N and Ash_mtb
They're RS6 reps from a place called Autoworx Teesside. I bought them about this time last year but I go through winter with my originals with snow tyres. I still love them and I think they suit the car perfectly.
3e2545f44d39e93e8f6abf5ea4b725d5.jpg

2240c392f37cf47fe75cb13c049ee293.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Such a modern lookin audi wheel on a b7! Good choice bud, id of never thought they'd look sooo good! Really do suit the car!

Right , that's it, i'm going to order set tomorrow ....they look brill.
Two questions though chap, (1) what colour are they and (2) what offset are they, i'm thinking they will just clear my 18Z's on an Et35.

rob

Gun metal with a diamond cut edge on the spokes. Et35. I can’t help you with brake clearance but they fill the arches perfectly. They did rub ever so slightly on the rear but a Hunter wheel alignment sorted that out....

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Replaced a split breather pipe and booked car in for MOT tomorrow. Hope it doesn’t fail on emissions.

@aarroncolley - Cars looking tough now mate. like it.

@J0N - Those wheels do suit the b7 really well. Amazing how a decent set of alloys transforms the whole look of the car. Done well there.

Reactions: Charlie Farley, aarroncolley and J0N
Gun metal with a diamond cut edge on the spokes. Et35. I can’t help you with brake clearance but they fill the arches perfectly. They did rub ever so slightly on the rear but a Hunter wheel alignment sorted that out....

I've had to put the brakes on getting a set for now, it would appear from my enquires today with several sources , they all say it is very likely they will catch the 18z's.....and I may need spacers, and as much as they are great rims I had no plans to use spacers with them .....a bit more indepth research is required now before I part with the cash as I don't want to be stuck with another set of rims I cant fit, been there a fair few times before.

what a pain these 18z's can be with alloy choices.

Replaced a split breather pipe and booked car in for MOT tomorrow. Hope it doesn’t fail on emissions.

@aarroncolley - Cars looking tough now mate. like it.

@J0N - Those wheels do suit the b7 really well. Amazing how a decent set of alloys transforms the whole look of the car. Done well there.

hope you get a clear ticket chap, i'm also booked in for a MOT tomorrow afternoon, decided to get in before the new regs take effect in a coupe of weeks , which just happens to be the day after my current MOT expires.......

hope you get a clear ticket chap, i'm also booked in for a MOT tomorrow afternoon, decided to get in before the new regs take effect in a coupe of weeks , which just happens to be the day after my current MOT expires.......

@JustRob do you know what the new mot regs consist of ?

I think its more a concern to oil burners really but the changes will effect everyone that need a MOT as they have moved the goalpost now so things will be a lot tighter in a lot of areas, have a look on the web as I did see a very good article recently outlining fully whats changing and how it will effect us all, some more than others , its not a bad thing really as I does go a bit further into taking dangerous cars off the road , but will have a cost effect if one needs to rectify more parts to get through.

Reactions: aarroncolley