What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I had a go at plugging my bus into the scanner at work today to see if i could shift some fault codes as im unsure whether my vcds is working properly.

Anyway all faults gone, bar the blower flap one, and the annoying airbag light on the dash! At least i know the cars fine and just vcds thats acting up. The new battery seems to be coming round too and its firing the old girl up a little quicker now.

Alex

I'm new and know I'm posting in wrong place, however I'm getting stressed trying to find my way around.
Anyway has anybody had A4 b7 TDI gear change issues? 1st and 2nd mainly. I'm currently looking into changing the gear box oil with a lighter grade. Has anyone else got any advice please

Refreshing the gearbox-oil might just do it, but most likely it will need a syncromesh refreshing

Lot of man-hours... removing gearbox, stripping it, fixing issues, reinstalling... Maybe cheaper to find another gearbox, refresh the oil and swap it out
So I guess you've heard of this before with the 1.9tdi box? What's to say a different box is better than current one!!

Finally found a decent S4 B7 avant recaro interior (seats and door card ) nice overall condition with only a few small details to sort out , otherwise fine with no tears/splits or indents to the leather , very pleased.
Just need to drop them into my local leather seat guy to give a full clean etc , they will come up like nearly new, well pleased.
IMG 1686
IMG 1687
IMG 1689
IMG 1688

Reactions: Andy b7, Rob Avant and LloydB7
Do you mind my asking how much? Very nice interior that like!! Would there be any issues with airbag sensors having to be rewired or reprogrammed?

Nope as these are B7 spec seats not B6 , so will just go straight into a B7 without messing around with seat occupancy bladder mods nor seat chimes etc and they are side airbag aswell.
Its very hard to find S4 B7 recaro's for some reason especially avant ones, loads of B6 but they need to be modified.

I've been looking for ages, for leather b7 saloon. Some on eBay but driver's seat has got a bit of shape loss on the bolster.. Also a gorgeous black and cream set, but seller isn't accepting my message with my questions..

I can't contact the seller so I doubt I can strike a deal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190309-210441.png
    Screenshot_20190309-210441.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 196
I saw the set on ebay with the soft bolster this morning, made a call to the guy I know that does seat repairs to make sure it was fixable.
he said he will fix it no probs and do a good clean etc to bring them back to VGC, so took a chance and went over to buy them, they were way better than the pics on ebay aswell, took them away for just £425.
It will cost me £200 for the full clean and repair to the bolster foam so i'm very happy indeedy, today has been a good day for a change.

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo
072038BC 17DA 4F33 BD59 8786A9A94C16
2C5850B0 CA39 456B A220 21E47E570E70

Had the miltek exhaust fitted, swapped front badge and got front splitter on.

Reactions: Rob Avant, LloydB7, AvantAlexB7 and 2 others
Spent the afternoon cleaning my newly acquired S4 B7 recaro's.
So far I've done the rears and they were filthy, but after some of my special leather cleaner a few hours scrubbing and protector cream they now look very presentable, even found the rears had an unused ski sleeve and first aid kit still fitted in the armrest along with an extra 2 cup holder...bonus there.lol
Off to do the front passenger now ,i'll be leaving the drivers side as its going in for a seat base side bolster foam repair so they will clean the seat aswell.
Thus far very, very happy with my purchase, they have been a long time coming but worth the wait and the sensible price too.

Off to the garage now.

cheers chaps
rob

Reactions: Sidrick and AvantAlexB7
All done for now, buffed up the rears so nice and matt finish and gave the front passenger a soothing 10 mins soak with barrier cream and then buffed off to finish.
All looking very nice so far , dropping the drivers off tomorrow so hopefully will get them all fitted at the weekend.
some pics as we all like piccy's .:icon thumright:
Off to watch cruft's highlights now.

IMG 1693
IMG 1694
IMG 1695
IMG 1701
IMG 1699
IMG 1702

Reactions: Bobbytea, Andy b7, Baka and 5 others
All done for now, buffed up the rears so nice and matt finish and gave the front passenger a soothing 10 mins soak with barrier cream and then buffed off to finish.
All looking very nice so far , dropping the drivers off tomorrow so hopefully will get them all fitted at the weekend.
some pics as we all like piccy's .:icon thumright:
Off to watch cruft's highlights now.

View attachment 177479 View attachment 177480 View attachment 177481 View attachment 177482 View attachment 177483 View attachment 177484
Found those fast Rob looking very swanky are there heated ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alpinachris
I know, just sheer luck really.
yep heated full electric etc, will just go straight in, job done.

Reactions: martin1984
I know, just sheer luck really.
yep heated full electric etc, will just go straight in, job done.
Do you need electric seats initially for them to plug straight in? I only have manual with leccy lumbar support and heated, would I need a special harness?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Not sure to be honest, my old bus has manual movement but electric lumbar and full heating , I checked the wiring sometime ago and I have all the wiring and plugs already fitted ready for full electric seats, not sure if that's the case for all variants though, probably worth checking your existing setup under the seat.

Reactions: Jack Kelly
Ideally you want B7 spec seats as they will be an easy problem free fit, B6 will fit but you will need to address the airbags and seat occupancy etc , I didn't want the hassle so opted for the correct spec to start with, but all down to personal choice.

Last edited:
Nice seats Rob, I like them, but you had the same leather seats as me? and I like mine ,I hope you will be happy with them.
BTW I thought you were looking for a Quattro.

That's just it , I love my s-line seats but really wanted the comfort recaro's , have been hankering after a set since two weeks after I bought the old bus..it's only taken nearly 5 years to get them.
I'll keep the original seats in safe place in case I sell the old bus sometime never.
I'm not keen on the wing backs but the comfort recaro's I do like.
My old bus is a quattro but i'm looking for an rs4 b7 still, probably take 5 years to find the one I want too.
I'll get there in the end.

Reactions: Alpinachris
Do you need electric seats initially for them to plug straight in? I only have manual with leccy lumbar support and heated, would I need a special harness?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

If you have Recaro seats from a B7 Audi S4 or RS4, the install is plug and play as these seats already have the pressure control module etc.

Reactions: Jack Kelly
Goodness you lot have been busy! My lovely bus decided to shed it's clutch recently... had a few issues since I purchased last summer, nail in the coffin was the rev-needle becoming over-excited on the motorway whilst the speedo stayed resolutely at just over 70mph.... £928 later & we have a new clutch/flywheel. Interestingly...the power lag issue I've been seeing has dropped off significantly. I'm wondering if the clutch was on the way out and shedding bits into the engine, somehow causing the power lag... (as you can see my knowledge of engines is limited - this may be total b@llocks).

Goodness you lot have been busy! My lovely bus decided to shed it's clutch recently... had a few issues since I purchased last summer, nail in the coffin was the rev-needle becoming over-excited on the motorway whilst the speedo stayed resolutely at just over 70mph.... £928 later & we have a new clutch/flywheel. Interestingly...the power lag issue I've been seeing has dropped off significantly. I'm wondering if the clutch was on the way out and shedding bits into the engine, somehow causing the power lag... (as you can see my knowledge of engines is limited - this may be total b@llocks).

Your clutch was probably just slipping because it was worn out. The clutch doesn’t mix with the engine in terms of where it sits in the housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AvantMike
Found one difference between the recaro seat setup I bought from an S4 and my current fitted setup, my old bus has side curtain airbags and rear seat side airbags and the ones from the S4 don't.
Not a massive problem but just shows how many options are possible with even seat, well rear seats .

Finally finished my glovebox hybrid project this morning. The new glovebox i bought of ebay had the oem cd changer slot and a coolbox but was in poor condition with broken hinges, a scratched door and cool box lid so a had a go at restoring it all.

I only really needed the inner framework so carefully stripped both down by removing the plastic welds that hold the inner framework to the door.

Swapped the new inner into my original mint glovebox and re secured it all with 2k bonding. Also popped in the new cd changer from ebay and fixed the ducting into the cooler.

I also repainted the cooler door by removing the old rubber, plasti dip stuff and apply a few coats of grey/black paint to finish off.

Just need to get the wiring loom for the cd changer and code it in but other than that a job well done.
20190316 101023

IMG 20190316 46445

Alex

Reactions: AvantMike, Sam1989 and UisT4
Looks great! Nice job on that!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk