What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I’d love to do that upgrade... but the hassle is putting me off, how many hours do you recon you’ve put into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really much of a hassle, its a 3 hour job if you have all the right parts and the right wirring diagrams.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

And some help from someone who knows there stuff! Thanks again fella!
You don't know how fun it was to read the old wirring diagrams and reunderstand them. I really enjoyed it and hope to help in any future retrofits.

Not really much of a hassle, its a 3 hour job if you have all the right parts and the right wirring diagrams.

Where are you based fella? I’m in Kent, not too far from the Dartford crossing. How much would you charge to source and install the upgrade?

Where are you based fella? I’m in Kent, not too far from the Dartford crossing. How much would you charge to source and install the upgrade?

Im half way across the globe, in a small Middle Eastern country called Jordan. We have somethings in common, we were once part of the British Empire, and our King is half British.
But I can help you in any other way.

Im half way across the globe, in a small Middle Eastern country called Jordan. We have somethings in common, we were once part of the British Empire, and our King is half British.
But I can help you in any other way.

Aha! Well that may be a small problem I guess! Ah, the empire... what a mess that made.

Pride becomes before a fall. There isn’t much Great about Britain any more!

Aha! Well that may be a small problem I guess! Ah, the empire... what a mess that made.

Pride becomes before a fall. There isn’t much Great about Britain any more!

Well than we have the three rings in common, thay're still great i guess?..

Well ive finally got my auto lights/wipers, CH/LH functions retrofit finished with the help of another member of ASN, so a huge thanks to him as ive been pulling my hair out with this job for months!

Theres just the mirror to get dimming now which could just be related to weather conditions.

All in all a stirling afternoons work

Alex
Good job done.hard to get info for that retro?quick question on ch/lh lights?do you know which wire from the mirror controls these lights, so they only illuminate during dark hours.i have the ch/lh light switch,so i can either have them turned on or off, but when on, would like them working from the light sensor from the mirror.any idea what mirror wire joins to this switch, and to what pin on the switch?

Good job done.hard to get info for that retro?quick question on ch/lh lights?do you know which wire from the mirror controls these lights, so they only illuminate during dark hours.i have the ch/lh light switch,so i can either have them turned on or off, but when on, would like them working from the light sensor from the mirror.any idea what mirror wire joins to this switch, and to what pin on the switch?

Ive used mixed info from all various different sources, the main guide i used was a b6 retrofit guide with a wiring diagram flow chart, which was 70% correct. I had to adapt it in a few ways for it to work. Donfero was also a big help.

As far as i can tell the light sensor is part of the rain sensor not the autodim mirror. Unless there is a separate ambient lighting sensor in the mirror for the ch function? I installed ch lights first and got them working but not as fully intended (when its dark)

I thought there was 2 sensors in the dipping mirror,front and back which enables it to dim? I dont have the rain sensor just the auto mirror.i fitted my ch/lh lights first,switch and coding,and all good .then added dipping mirrors.i read that to get the ch/lh lights to work "properly" required the dipping mirror fitting,but cant find any info.was hoping wiring wouldnt be to difficult with all the kit fitted

I thought there was 2 sensors in the dipping mirror,front and back which enables it to dim? I dont have the rain sensor just the auto mirror.i fitted my ch/lh lights first,switch and coding,and all good .then added dipping mirrors.i read that to get the ch/lh lights to work "properly" required the dipping mirror fitting,but cant find any info.was hoping wiring wouldnt be to difficult with all the kit fitted

I don't know enough to say for sure unfortunately Chris. I've killed multiple birds with one stone having fitted the lot. If it wasn't for having to change the windscreen, id say do the full retrofit for 100% functionality.

The
How much do you estimate it has cost you alex?

The correct windscreen was replaced by the previous owner witht the intention of carrying out the retrofit but never did so i can't say how much the screen was.

I believe i got all the components for around £50ish from my buddy, ofcourse prices may vary.

The worst part about this retrofit is having to replace the screen, but there's cheaper ways and means if you have windscreen cover or purchase a second hand unit.

The

The correct windscreen was replaced by the previous owner witht the intention of carrying out the retrofit but never did so i can't say how much the screen was.

I believe i got all the components for around £50ish from my buddy, ofcourse prices may vary.

The worst part about this retrofit is having to replace the screen, but there's cheaper ways and means if you have windscreen cover or purchase a second hand unit.
Did it without the windscreen. Maybe ill change it in the future, but in the time being it works and looks fine.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Been out and had a close encounter with a granite curb stone obscured by long grass, needless to say that has ruined what was an unmarked rear nearside alloy.
Looks like another refurb on the horizon, not a good day .:sob:

Washed it.

3e549d717a4baa2aee6e9ff5941a50d7.jpg

Been out and had a close encounter with a granite curb stone obscured by long grass, needless to say that has ruined what was an unmarked rear nearside alloy.
Looks like another refurb on the horizon, not a good day .:sob:

Sorry to hear that Rob. It’s a terrible feeling I know all too well.

The next retrofit is now under way with a full oem bluetooth kit from vag parts on ebay all for £150, which i dont think is bad for oem components. Just have to wait for it to arrive then its a case of pulling the interior out - again.....

The next retrofit is now under way with a full oem bluetooth kit from vag parts on ebay all for £150, which i dont think is bad for oem components. Just have to wait for it to arrive then its a case of pulling the interior out - again.....
Was about to go that route, but couldn't source the parts for less than 300$, so decided to change the head unit for an Android one, ill post pics once it arrives.

Was about to go that route, but couldn't source the parts for less than 300$, so decided to change the head unit for an Android one, ill post pics once it arrives.

I had this predicament before i purchased my RNSE. The oem route is not as good as some aftermarket systems but oem ticked all my boxes.
Besides retrofitting is a fun challenge

Can you link Vag Parts?

I have been trying for the past 2 days to replace the rear coolant flange, i have removed the engine mounts, raised the engine, shouted, cursed and cried but still haven't even been able to remove the screws on the vacuum pump. Any advice?

Did you see my thread on the subject of the coolant flange .

Last edited:
You need a very short ratchet wrench with torx bit.
I have used this tool many times for removing the vacuum pump.
coolant6-jpg.114812

I have been trying for the past 2 days to replace the rear coolant flange, i have removed the engine mounts, raised the engine, shouted, cursed and cried but still haven't even been able to remove the screws on the vacuum pump. Any advice?

Ive taken the vacuum pump off my 2.0tfsi. Its an awkward job thats takes loads of patience and tea!

Reactions: Charlie Farley

The coolant flange replacement is a right pain in the backside of a job , but doable .
to be honest you don't need to remove the engine mounts etc, more a case of making as much space around the bulkhead , then almost climbing in the engine bay.
The Vacuum pump removal is the easy part, just wait until you get to the flange fittings....

If I'm feeling really dangerous then a packet of jammy dodgers.....yum:icon thumright:

These are not going to just buff out, this wheel is most certainly off to the refurbers next week .:sadlike:
If it's not one thing , its another.
IMG 1929
IMG 1930
IMG 1931

Got it washed and waxed, so I could do a paint assessment.

N0fRALR.jpg

zqL7znW.jpg

S4PigMa.jpg

Reactions: Sidrick and Charlie Farley
Here is my paint assessment of that paintwork, brilliant, but why chop up a decent car like that , the mind boggles but hey your choice and good luck.

Last edited:
Those wheels - standard EXEO?
What diameter are they?
Have to say, I quite like them.........don't like the EXEO front end though!

Standard facelift Exeo Sport Tech wheels. They called “Quartz”, and measure at 8”x18”.

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo
Nothing exciting... new rear discs, pads and lines fitted.
Front brakes in the next few months when I’ve finished saving for some 18z’s

41A91394 E557 424F A1CA AFAA76C53E3B