What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

These bad boys arrived earlier in the week... picked them up from work today. Hoping they fit under my wheels as they’re flipping huge! Just need to stop procrastinating over pads and order something.

BEB64C41 745B 4B6E 8F52 470F12B3918B

Reactions: boffin486, Sidrick and Charlie Farley
These bad boys arrived earlier in the week... picked them up from work today. Hoping they fit under my wheels as they’re flipping huge! Just need to stop procrastinating over pads and order something.

View attachment 191562

They look a nice shade of red:icon thumright:, and yes they are big old slabs compared to the oem ones , 8 pot ones are bigger.
Don't forget to flip them around when fitting.

good luck chap, your in for a real treat when they are on.:yes:

They maybe bigger but being alloy they are probably lighter than the smaller oem calipers.

View attachment 191562

I have been at the point of doing a deal for some 8 pots for some time , just cant commit in case they messup my current wheel and offset setup, sometimes it is just best to leave things alone...not that I ever do:whistle2:

I have been at the point of doing a deal for some 8 pots for some time , just cant commit in case they messup my current wheel and offset setup, sometimes it is just best to leave things alone...not that I ever do:whistle2:
I know the feeling... I can’t leave the audio system alone at the moment, just invested in some new front components and another amp. Going for a fully active system now although I should just leave it alone and concentrate on getting the breaks, clutch, DMF and the ARB’s fitted. I definitely could’ve bought a decent RS4 with the amount of money I’ve spent on this wagon!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
If you are like me, even if I had an rs4 now i'd still be wasting shed loads on it..lol, so it all becomes just part of the game.:yes:

Reactions: Andy b7 and Rob Avant
Have you changed rim dia size and offset?
There seems to be a much larger wheel arch gap compared to previous setup.

Pic was taken when the car was just off the jack, so suspension still settling.

18" diameter, 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears.

Good question.......I can't remember!

They were originally on an 08 Seat Leon.

I did try them on the A4 before I bought them to check the fit and clearance.

Finally , finally finished the Alpine HU fit.
Pulled it all out for the very ,very last time and fitted the missing lead for camera's/ speed pulse /can bus I/f and aux input etc that Alpine kindly supplied FOC.
So now all functions, functioning which is great , very pleased now it's all complete and working as I expected, just I shame it has taken a bit longer than I was hoping.
Anyway, happy days again.

rob

Reactions: HOGG and Rob Avant
11D2932B F598 4444 B6C7 EC8A2CA648C6
I painted my B-pillars today, and before I went on to wetsand and polish them I test-fitted them. I should really go for satin black instead don’t you think? Not the best photo, but they were a bit too dark and shiny compared to the rest. I am also planning a de-chrome of the trim and rails, and I guess satin suits them best. Any thoughts?

The C-pillars is up next, and this is exactly how the B-pillars looked like before paint!
DA7562BE 266C 43BC 9ECC D567CCD28EAD

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo
Finally , finally finished the Alpine HU fit.
Pulled it all out for the very ,very last time and fitted the missing lead for camera's/ speed pulse /can bus I/f and aux input etc that Alpine kindly supplied FOC.
So now all functions, functioning which is great , very pleased now it's all complete and working as I expected, just I shame it has taken a bit longer than I was hoping.
Anyway, happy days again.

rob
Now you are happy. I'll give you a shout to install mine when i have gathered all the bits together.
Can you compile a list PLEASE Rob
f22d436e3eb6fe9c5049a5613c98abc2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

View attachment 191623 I painted my B-pillars today, and before I went on to wetsand and polish them I test-fitted them. I should really go for satin black instead don’t you think? Not the best photo, but they were a bit too dark and shiny compared to the rest. I am also planning a de-chrome of the trim and rails, and I guess satin suits them best. Any thoughts?

The C-pillars is up next, and this is exactly how the B-pillars looked like before paint!
View attachment 191621

That little triangular pice in the rear door window - does it come out easily?
Both of mine have corroded as well.

That little triangular pice in the rear door window - does it come out easily?
Both of mine have corroded as well.

Haven’t taken them out yet, but I guess the inside door cover needs to be removed to access a bolt or two. I guess someone here will give us an answer on the correct way to reassemble before I find out

I have replaced mine, i'll have a think as too what method I used.

Had to order two new Lambda sensors for the old bus today, pre cat sensor has become unreliable with random errors so decided to just get a pair and be done with it.
That's waved goodbye to £150 with very little effort...:sadlike:

oh well , now where is that mug of tea.:yes:

Should have said, Rob, I supplied 2 new sensors when I got my exhaust fitted last week and he never put them on as he said the ones already there were as-new.

At the right price i'd take them aswell as spares.
If you want to offload them drop me a PM..

rob

Had to order two new Lambda sensors for the old bus today, pre cat sensor has become unreliable with random errors so decided to just get a pair and be done with it.
That's waved goodbye to £150 with very little effort...:sadlike:

oh well , now where is that mug of tea.:yes:

Only £150?
I think the only time I spend less than £150 on my car is when I stick diesel in it...........

Reactions: Sidrick
Had a pleasant surprise this morning, plugged my phone into my Alpine HU only to be greeted with a new screen, and its rather nice , works very well aswell.
It most certainly wasn't a screen that I could select before, just seems to have changed .
Anyway living with my new HU just seems to be getting better by the day....:yahoo:
Dre1

Reactions: Rob Avant
i find the whole spring lowering thing confusing to be honest, i was under the impression that the s-line is 25 mm lower than standard so 30mm drop is only 5mm at the front , allmost no change if using 18" rims, but the 45mm are 15mm drop which brings the front down better .

done some calculation on the 20" rims and the overall dia is pretty well the same as using my 18" rims but the drop in tyre profile is massive and i'm not sure running a tyre of that lower profile is going to be ideal on our great british roads, i have a nasty vision of knackered rims very quick from poor road surfaces.
I'm also confused, I thought the s-line is only 20mm lower than standard, so 40mm lower gives 20mm away from s-line height.

I don't recal what the s-line ride height is now but i'm on Bilstein b8 with h&r 45mm drop allround , so if it is 20-25 mm in s-line mode then I am approx. 20-25 lower still.
Given how my old avant looks i'd say that was right to be honest.

I don't recal what the s-line ride height is now but i'm on Bilstein b8 with h&r 45mm drop allround , so if it is 20-25 mm in s-line mode then I am approx. 20-25 lower still.
Given how my old avant looks i'd say that was right to be honest.
I don't suppose you have before and after pic? I'm se spec so want to see difference 45mm spring's make

Now you are happy. I'll give you a shout to install mine when i have gathered all the bits together.

Did you paint the chrome trims? Have you link for paint you used? Any particular method you used? Looks great and I've been wanting to do this for a long time

Did you paint the chrome trims? Have you link for paint you used? Any particular method you used? Looks great and I've been wanting to do this for a long time
45mm lower than SE is noticible, are you saloon or avant.
I'm saloon. With 18" th v6 rims.

Attachments

• IMG-20190228-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190228-WA0000.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 242
I think its more a case of the rapid & excessive wear issues have been reduced considerably compared to previous setups , the item will and does still wear due to the nature of the part and how it works etc but the lifespan has increased, at 100k then its allways going to be prudent to check and replace it really, cheap part and easy to replace = no reason to avoid doing the fix.
Do 1.9tdi engines have this issue?

I think its more a case of the rapid & excessive wear issues have been reduced considerably compared to previous setups , the item will and does still wear due to the nature of the part and how it works etc but the lifespan has increased, at 100k then its allways going to be prudent to check and replace it really, cheap part and easy to replace = no reason to avoid doing the fix.
Do 1.9tdi engines have this issue?
Sprayed the inserts of my lights satin black along with the fog light surrounds and air duct for the intercooler. Makes such a difference on how clean the front end looks

caf6f7dd972ac7df34c40862a5b0e9a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you go about spraying headlights??

Been looking at alloys again....:whistle2:, i'm still hankering for these 20" S8's , and oh yes they will be mine, well at the right price.:yes:

Masked and sprayed with aerosol Satin black

Used Autotek

I coded out bulb out errors on dash last night. No more beeps from LEDs and no resistors