What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Finally got around to changing the fuel filter on the S4. The car has full stamped Audi service history but the filter has clearly never been changed, the date on the filter is 12.1.07 and the torques screw head holding the plastic clamp around the filter was almost completely rotten away. I would have thought it should have been changed at least two or three times in 90k ‍
Whilst I had it on the ramps at work I decided to raise the rear coilovers a touch just to match the arch to tyre gap front to rear. It looks a little more OE+ now I think.
Beautiful car, love the colour, suits it very well. Looks like a slightly darker nardo gray. You've nailed the ride height imo, nice even gap in the arch, not too low :thumbs up:

Reactions: Greeny233
Changed the break pads and did some investigating on my error code P0038, was suggested I could have a boost leak so had a poke around and found that my right hand intercooler looks like this.... presume it's leaking from the end tank/core joint? If anyone could confirm that this oil shows a leak that would be appreciated. Have to change a bulb anyway so will source another intercooler and do both jobs at once.

Attachments

• image_67192321.JPG
    image_67192321.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • image_123923953.JPG
    image_123923953.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
The old bus was looking a bit under the weather this morning, paintwork a bit dull and in need of a spring spruce up.
Washing weekly is ok but at some point, paintwork needs a helping hand.

A quick rummage in the garage was worthwhile as it saved buying more cleaning products.
In amongst the multitude of products I was able to put together, for me that is
IMG 4758
, a satifacory collection of products that would just lift the paintwork etc a bit.
I'm not talking to the standards of you detailing gurus but a big improvement over nothing at all.
so the day has been consumed by washing, polishing, vacuuming etc.
Then the daylight ran out, but all done and the old bus looks almost half decent again.
will wack up a pic in the morning, that said it will probably be covered in pollen again.

happy days.

Good stuff Rob, I know how much of an uphill battle it can be keeping a black car looking good :sweatsmile: One of the best colours when it is though. Look forward to seeing some pics :smiley:

I'd recommend trying to avoid T-Cut if I were you Rob. It tends to have a lot of heavy abrasives in to quickly cut through heavy defects like scratches and oxidation, but it will quickly wear down the clear coat, and does not tend to finish down too well leaving some hazing behind. If you're looking for a good AIO (all in one) product, something along the lines of Autoglym Super Resin Polish will do you well. It acts as a paint cleanser, has some polishing abilities for removing light swirling, some good fillers in to mask any heavier defects that remain and will leave behind a coat of protection. You could even then seal those results with the Extra Gloss Protection you already have to prolong it :thumbs up:

Gave the engine bay a once over on mine today, looking nice and fresh again. Not looking too shabby for 15 years old

IMG 4894

Reactions: Rob Avant and tr7
I do normal use Autoglym super resin hence why I had the extra gloss, but it wasn't to be found in my cleaning box so I suspect i may have used it all last year.
To be honest the T-cut product I had and used was very good not at all abrasive like the normal ones, and left a very smooth glossy finish even before using the extra gloss.
It will suffice until the summer when I'll get it all properly detailed.

Reactions: NM07
Decided it was time to actually make time and use the DTM. The route of choice was over the top of the Mendip Hills in the sunny south west. Rekindled some of the love for the old girl which means I'm bound to spend some more on her now. Maybe it's time to fit that rear anti roll bar that's been in the shed for a year
bb91ad53bdb3a84897fc283db9385210.jpg

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob Avant, Greeny233, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
Decided it was time to actually make time and use the DTM. The route of choice was over the top of the Mendip Hills in the sunny south west. Rekindled some of the love for the old girl which means I'm bound to spend some more on her now. Maybe it's time to fit that rear anti roll bar that's been in the shed for a year
bb91ad53bdb3a84897fc283db9385210.jpg

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk
Indeed chap, get it out and drive, enjoy it as it's a waste to leave it stood up unused and unloved.

Took a few pics of the shinny old bus and only one was worth the effort..lol
It's not brilliant but you can see a shiny bus now, not the old dull bus from before.
needless to say its covered in pollen and dust already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fully and Greeny233
A couple more were almost viewable..lol
The paintwork is so much better now.

ride height and track is ideal now. :icon thumright:

Bus7

Attachments

• bus7.JPG
    bus7.JPG
    877.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Love
Reactions: WOMBLERULZ, Rob Avant and NM07
The bus is looking beautiful Rob, you've done it proud :hearteyes:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
It does brush up very well I must admit, I had so many really nice comments on it today whilst out and about on a day off.
I'm still on the fence with the alloy wheel colour, I love them when clean, it's just when they get grubby they let the side own, maybe just a case of cleaning them even more often... :icon thumright:

Reactions: NM07
I'm always being asked what model it is as it was de-badged at the factory and with the bits and bobs from S4 and RS4 fitted it throws people, I just reply it's a special, which it is, special to me.:yahoo:
Sounds awesome too when the taps are opened, nice a subtle when just pootling around then with some extra right foot things get a bit angrier.:icon thumright:

Replaced the 2 rear doors on my Avant.
Got to admit it wasn't easy to do on my own ha.

DDvDtzN.jpg

The new rears are tinted and have the S-Line blades.

Reactions: Greeny233 and Charlie Farley
The bus is looking good Rob!

And nice Wheel colour Fully, waiting for mine to come back from it's service with my summer wheels in their new colour....very similar if not the same!

The bus is looking good Rob!

And nice Wheel colour Fully, waiting for mine to come back from it's service with my summer wheels in their new colour....very similar if not the same!

Cheers,
The picture online made them look like a light gold type colour, but when i got there to pick them up they were a lot different colour.
I bought them anyway because they were different.

Replaced the 2 rear doors on my Avant.
Got to admit it wasn't easy to do on my own ha.

DDvDtzN.jpg

The new rears are tinted and have the S-Line blades.
Were there issues with the old doors, and by no means an easy task for just one person, you did well chap.
If you need any more door blades I have the s-line ones that came off my old bus somewhere.

Reactions: Fully
Cheers,
The picture online made them look like a light gold type colour, but when i got there to pick them up they were a lot different colour.
I bought them anyway because they were different.
I've found the same problem many times with alloys, they look one colour in a pic but in the flesh very different.

Reactions: Fully
Were there issues with the old doors, and by no means an easy task for just one person, you did well chap.
If you need any more door blades I have the s-line ones that came off my old bus somewhere.

I got 4 replacement doors in Lava Grey (my colour) for a good price, that all had the S-line blades and tinted windows.
So i bought them and thought i could just sell mine.
Thought changing would be easier than it was with the help of my eldest (he has a lass now so don't see him as much, selfish ha).
Will change the fronts over when i can be bothered to remove wing mirrors and lift a heavier door.

I got 4 replacement doors in Lava Grey (my colour) for a good price, that all had the S-line blades and tinted windows.
So i bought them and thought i could just sell mine.
Thought changing would be easier than it was with the help of my eldest (he has a lass now so don't see him as much, selfish ha).
Will change the fronts over when i can be bothered to remove wing mirrors and lift a heavier door.

Wing mirrors ,PITA job
Would be worth investing in some long reach hooks and picks to rip the automotive tape holding the loom to inaccessible brackets within the door If yours are original and have never been off before.
Also getting them back on can be awkward to get lips on the mirrors in behind the door and gaskets and frame .I was told by a good friend who worked at a Vw dealers that the way they should be done involves removal of the window frame.I managed to do it without doing that but it was a struggle and I had to use plenty of silicone spray to ease the mirror behind the rubber gasket
Best of luck ,research and prep is the key as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wing mirrors ,PITA job
Would be worth investing in some long reach hooks and picks to rip the automotive tape holding the loom to inaccessible brackets within the door If yours are original and have never been off before.
Also getting them back on can be awkward to get lips on the mirrors in behind the door and gaskets and frame .I was told by a good friend who worked at a Vw dealers that the way they should be done involves removal of the window frame.I managed to do it without doing that but it was a struggle and I had to use plenty of silicone spray to ease the mirror behind the rubber gasket
Best of luck ,research and prep is the key as always

Cheers bud,
I've got a vid on YouTube for reference that i use.
I'll watch it again when i actually do the job.
I do have a hook to use and replacement tape.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
I’d forgotten how much fun fitting RS4 pedal rubbers can be

7d0ce2953c61333b9d932a01629dc988.jpg

Reactions: Rob Avant, Fully and Charlie Farley
Yep, they can be challenging that's for sure, look really nice despite the fitting millarcy. :icon thumright:

Finally, after 3 years got around to reading the owner's manual for my Alpine HU, looks like I've been missing out on a lot of nice features it has and with the camera settings.
I knew Alpine were good but never realised this HU had so many features , brill.
Note to self, read the manual sooner next time..lol

Reactions: Rob Avant and Fully

FYI for anyone else

I found if you steep them in a bowl/jub of boiling water before hand they go on a breeze

Done a couple of sets this way

Reactions: Fully and Greeny233
FYI for anyone else

I found if you steep them in a bowl/jub of boiling water before hand they go on a breeze

Done a couple of sets this way

I did have a bowl of very hot soapy water which I soaked the pedals in for 10 minutes before but it still sucked

Reactions: tr7
Was having a turnout of B7 parts i don't need, which does appear to have mounted up.lol
Anyway was about to chuck some bits in the bin inc a small bit of packaging, it felt a bit heavy, a quick unwrap and low and behold, my missing carbon rear ashtray lid.
I had written it off as lost a couple of years ago, so I'm a happy bunny today. :yahoo:
And no they are not scratches on the lid, they are reflections from the silver draw strips on the toolbox at the side..lol

IMG 4775
IMG 4776

• Love
Reactions: Greeny233, tr7 and NM07
Thought I’d better photograph this. Not likely to see 30mpg regularly in the S4

Attachments

• 47C8C084-69DE-499F-B29F-0B99A59CF4EA.jpeg
    47C8C084-69DE-499F-B29F-0B99A59CF4EA.jpeg
    563 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: NM07 and tr7
maybe possible more often if you just pottle around at 23mph on idle. :whistle2:

It’s the little things that matter, well that’s what she said. Nice shiny steering wheel badge

Attachments

• C79F35CE-9E28-452B-94D9-C23E9F6A0051.jpeg
    C79F35CE-9E28-452B-94D9-C23E9F6A0051.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
  • E39BE14F-BE62-4F1A-B46A-F434D6F7717E.jpeg
    E39BE14F-BE62-4F1A-B46A-F434D6F7717E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
Reactions: NM07, tr7 and Charlie Farley

This pic inspired me to finally pick up a set of these, I thought now that footwell lights are in the process of getting fitted the pedals need to look the part as they'll be under the spotlight soon :laugh:

Any tips on how to fit? I've read soaking in boiling water makes life easier...

This pic inspired me to finally pick up a set of these, I thought now that footwell lights are in the process of getting fitted the pedals need to look the part as they'll be under the spotlight soon :laugh:

Any tips on how to fit? I've read soaking in boiling water makes life easier...
Yep hot water with a touch of dish soap helps massively.
I got a set of instructions with mine I’ll add the photos

Attachments

• 038465AE-6F31-41B6-8C94-BFD6381C79ED.jpeg
    038465AE-6F31-41B6-8C94-BFD6381C79ED.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
Reactions: Rob Avant, NM07 and Charlie Farley
Would anyone happen to know what size bolt I need to fasten in the foot rest? Mine has never had a bolt in it since I got the car and now and again it slips off and drives me mad... Happened again this morning and I would really like the shiny new one to stay in place :sweatsmile: I've tried to track it down on 7Zap but I can't see it listed anywhere...

Would anyone happen to know what size bolt I need to fasten in the foot rest? Mine has never had a bolt in it since I got the car and now and again it slips off and drives me mad... Happened again this morning and I would really like the shiny new one to stay in place :sweatsmile: I've tried to track it down on 7Zap but I can't see it listed anywhere...

It’s a cross headed screw rather than a threaded bolt. Not sure what size it is. I’d pop down to your local breakers and whip one out.