What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Agreed there is that.
Also weather S4 or Rs4 Just keep in mind , if you are looking at interiors from europe 99.9% will be from LH drive cars , these rs4 ones are so the drivers door card won't work for a RH drive B7 nor will the passenger as they are Handed specific to country , rears are fine as are seats, same with front seats.

Reactions: northpole and Jamsmoo
I expect if one was to look hard enough through the option list there would probably be one for unbadged seats. :thumbs up:

Reactions: northpole
There is some s4 recaros from Germany I’ve been hanging my nose over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the upsides of buying LH drive front seats is that in a RH drive the outside seat base bolster will be in much better condition as the passenger seat becomes the drivers seat . :thumbs up:

Lovely seats though the rs4s
Very nearly bought a very highly strung 2.0tfsi that had been tuned to within an inch of its life that had been kept in a very remote unit for some time that had rs4 wing backs,walked away in the end ,far to dodgy for me ..there’s a local rs4 owner looking for his seats somewhere

Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
I’ve heard insurance will write rs4s off that have been stolen recovered if the wing back seats have been nicked

• Wow
lol i wouldn't buy them from Germany... why you ask? the UK isn't part of the EU anymore so ontop of that price customs will charge you another amount... plus once you got it you'll still have to mess about with the front seat bases and the front door panels are the other way around... nope not for me

Heated S-line leather interior it'll be... 2-tone to keep the price low, get a leather dye kit and make them all black.. hopefully they are embossed with the S-line logo.

well at least that is the plan... and ofcourse they need to be from an Avant... preferably with the matching leather doorcards and armrest...

Totally agree ,end up costing way too much ,then there’s the risk of something going wrong in transit

No issues with seat bases with b6 or B7 recaro’s , the seats are just a straight swap in that dept.

You could fit a set of S4 avant or RS4 avant straight off, change a fuse and good to go.

So does that mean the occupancy sensor should be alright regarding air bag lights

If you get B7 recaro’s the airbag issue is not an issue

My recaro’s were from a B7 s4 avant They are powered and heated but not memory.
Straight swap with the slime seats , changed the fuse , been spot on since.

as long as the donor car is RHD than yes it'll swap straight in... but if it's coming from Germany 99.9% of the parts are for LHD meaning the seats will need work first (B6 or B7) because..
the seat controls be at the wrong side... means that at least you have to mess with swapping the controls on the bases over... yes it'll be a direct fit otherwise.. but boy would that annoy the hell out of me... RHD parts only for me.

that said i don't want S4 or RS4 seats that have that embossed in them... I don't want them to say Recaro either... I want them to have S-line embossed in it... I do want t upgrade the lot a bit but it needs to be true to what the car essentially is... an S-LINE. so the RS4 grills idea is ditched, no i'm not going for the DTM front either, LCR splitter is enough to make it a bit sportier... than get some lowering on the front and done!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamsmoo
Will all b6 cause airbag issues

Yes because they don’t have the airbags and the B7 will look for them, you need to do the workaround .

B6 and B7 recaro fronts in standard full power and heated format are the same weather Lhd or Rhd as the controls are on the outside of the seats so it make no difference.
Hence the straight fit as far as seats go.

Front door cards are lhd or rhd specific if buying from outside uk

These are a bit of a bargain , forget the colour, but overall they look undamaged , a bit grubby but things can cleanup well if appraoched the right way.
He would take £200 cash if you offered it.
They are B7 avant ones too, I am tempted myself. :thumbs up:

Reactions: swisstony and northpole
Nope forget them ,on closer inspection, they are not b7 , the fronts dont have airbags and rear headrest are different and giveaway they are B6 .

Last edited:
To clear up any confusion with the air bag milarchy.
The B6 recaros dont have the built-in SRS airbag function as fitted to the later the B7 ones do , so both seats will have the yellow plug but B6 A4 & S4s do not have a pressure control module in the front passenger seat , which is where the major operating difference occurs.
B7's use a different seat belt locking clasp along with the passenger seat occupancy pad/sensor as it determines if someone is sitting in the passenger seat as such it will activate/deactivate the airbag system for the passenger side accordingly. If the air bag sensor cannot be located then a warning light is triggered which disables all airbags in the car full stop.
so for B6 seats to be safe and work in a B7 one needs to retro fit or bypass the occupancy sensor system or an error will occur and bags disabled,

Reactions: Rob Avant, northpole and Jamsmoo
Is there a thread /guide ? Might be worth putting one together
Read that tt mk2 a3 8p a4 b8 and a5 8t/b8 fronts will all fit the frames ,some require more jiggery pokery than others

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
It is one of those things, lots of parts will retro fit , but , is it worth hassle .

Sometimes just make sense to stick with seats from the same platform unless you want to tinker .

I have my eye on an almost new set of full electric with memory fronts and rear Rs4 comfort recaro's
Black with grey piping, rears bench is heated the heated option, really nice .

Watch this space in the new year. :thumbs up:
maybe an S4 set coming up for sale , you never know.

I have seen a video of them slotting b8 and b8.5 front seats in without a problem, but the rear back rests needs a ton of work... 2 options reweld the rear securing hooks or reframe the back rest with that of the b7 and re-work the leather so the plastics cover the lot.

Rewelding is the easier solution... but if you have an avant you have to check if the rear cover from the b8/b8.5 fits i doubt the latter.

Imo it's way easier to stick with the b7 interiors.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I have seen a video of them slotting b8 and b8.5 front seats in without a problem, but the rear back rests needs a ton of work... 2 options reweld the rear securing hooks or reframe the back rest with that of the b7 and re-work the leather so the plastics cover the lot.

Rewelding is the easier solution... but if you have an avant you have to check if the rear cover from the b8/b8.5 fits i doubt the latter.

Imo it's way easier to stick with the b7 interiors.
It just makes sense to fit ones that are originally designed for the chosen platform, but if one has the inclination to mod them and to fit then albeit, personal choice again. :thumbs up:

I'm getting old now and prefer the easy option, not that it always works out that way...lol

a very common problem , driver seat base outer bolster sponge base fails and support frame breaks at weak weld point.
IMG 1751 1
IMG 1746

After a bit of tlc and repair, they still look more than presentable.
IMG 1702

And now 5 years on from that retro fit they are still going strong. :yahoo: :thumbs up:

After a bit of tlc and repair, they still look more than presentable.
View attachment 271939

Are these fully electric,memory seats ,is it a pain sorting the wiring (suppose it depends what functions the original seats have ) seem remember someone here having issue with the passenger power seat retro fit

Nothing much.....new wiper blades yesterday, Bosch A016S, good blades.
£19 delivered from ebay

Reactions: swisstony and northpole
Nothing much.....new wiper blades yesterday, Bosch A016S, good blades.
£19 delivered from ebay
It all counts, marks on the windscreen, smears all do my nut in. Sometimes even after cleaning the wipers when washing the car, you get marks on the sweep and you just know its time to change the blades...

I have my eye on an almost new set of full electric with memory fronts and rear Rs4 comfort recaro's
Black with grey piping, rears bench is heated the heated option, really nice .

Watch this space in the new year. :thumbs up:
maybe an S4 set coming up for sale , you never know.
mmmmmm

Are these fully electric,memory seats ,is it a pain sorting the wiring (suppose it depends what functions the original seats have ) seem remember someone here having issue with the passenger power seat retro fit

Yes fully electric but not with memory option.

power seats will work with normal loom if you have power lumber etc just dont go powering both seats in all angles at the same time.
As that will be too much for the loom , or just run a supplementary cabling to cover the power option.

Reactions: Jamsmoo and northpole