What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Lotsa bits need replacing there mate. Good opportunity to derust & paint everything too as its all gotta come apart anyway. Hint..... Calipers need to be red....... :icon thumright:

on the 3.2 V6 - Swapped the oil filter housing for a new item, including the seals where it joins the block.

Now that took around 20 seconds to type - believe me the job a lot longer!

All-in around 20 hours of faffing and chaffing around - you're basically working both hands sight unseen at the back of the engine bay reaching back behind the block.

Good news though is that it is possible without any removal of any other engine parts - and is tha oil no longer drips from the back of the engine (touchwood) - Result!

Reactions: Sidrick
Nothing special done on the bus today, but after many weeks thinking about it I bit the bullet and ordered it's new front bumper and grille .
hopefully be here in a few weeks .

Reactions: Rob Avant, AvantAlexB7, HOGG and 1 other person
Today I done what seems loads. See it in my thread

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cleaned and new gear stick. Good bye chavvy silver golf ball thing.
d381445179a838951e2c6e802b2ce786.jpg
11a78e9fed4dd631157806297df82e09.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob Avant, Sam1989, AvantMike and 1 other person
now that's a cracking view chap, would love a view like that, car looks nice too.

I like the carbon

Decided to have a go at making some ‘RS’ style fog lights with some honeycomb I had. Used stikaflex to hold the mesh in so hopefully that will hold and get them in tomorrow.

F9C1A3A5 076C 49F3 9784 C6E43B497A6A
5D813F8F FB38 41F4 AD57 32F42E852715

Reactions: Rob Avant, AvantAlexB7, Charlie Farley and 2 others
I like that. My next possible modification

Reactions: Sam1989
Decided to have a go at making some ‘RS’ style fog lights with some honeycomb I had. Used stikaflex to hold the mesh in so hopefully that will hold and get them in tomorrow.

View attachment 186760 View attachment 186761
looks good chap, I used some hot glue on my mesh inserts a few years back but its not really as strong , was going to redo them with tiger seal but as the bumper and bits are going I wont be touching them now.

looks good chap, I used some hot glue on my mesh inserts a few years back but its not really as strong , was going to redo them with tiger seal but as the bumper and bits are going I wont be touching them now.
Thanks. Yeah I did think tiger seal might of been a better choice. Will see how it holds. Ahh have you ordered rs4 style bumper? Looked real nice did that.

I've ordered a very suitable replacement yes, wont go into it too much at present until its all painted up and fitted , lets just say its different, but still in keeping with the classic oem rs4 style .:icon thumright::yes:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Nice work!! Is that a maxton splitter on there ? Or a full bumper upgrade?
I actually do not know. Guys at DH Automotive said it was an aftermarket S4 kit. It's all getting stuck back on properly on Thursday.

Reactions: AvantMike
Sorry not that one, don't personally like that style , just to boxy in style and for me doesn't suit the more rounded styling of the B7 varaints, but hey personal choice again and whatever works for you.

I think it looks the nuts. I'll buy one when I have a spare 500 quid

Sorry not that one, don't personally like that style , just to boxy in style and for me doesn't suit the more rounded styling of the B7 varaints, but hey personal choice again and whatever works for you.

Agreed. Im sure a chap of your impeccable taste will have sourced a quality replacement. Looking forward to the finished product

Got them in. Stikafkex held ok along the top and bottom but not great on the sides so added some gorilla glue. That cured it haha. Next on the list is new headlights as they are both pretty tired, clouded up on the inside and letting water in. Also need to sort the bumper out. Is there adjusters on them? I thought it was just normal but after seeing the recent threads I’ve realised mine isn’t lined up correctly, looks like the bonnet is open ha

4F4C57F3 FA15 4922 B3B4 CE40C0428A85

Reactions: boffin486, Rob Avant, AvantMike and 1 other person
Got them in. Stikafkex held ok along the top and bottom but not great on the sides so added some gorilla glue. That cured it haha. Next on the list is new headlights as they are both pretty tired, clouded up on the inside and letting water in. Also need to sort the bumper out. Is there adjusters on them? I thought it was just normal but after seeing the recent threads I’ve realised mine isn’t lined up correctly, looks like the bonnet is open ha

View attachment 186832

You can refresh the lenses and they should look better. Just takes the right equipment and time.

The bumper has certain little slots they need to line up in. There’s some adjusters too which are the slots I’m referring to. Once you then perfect it’s recommended to glue them in place by putting some super glue in the threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can refresh the lenses and they should look better. Just takes the right equipment and time.

The bumper has certain little slots they need to line up in. There’s some adjusters too which are the slots I’m referring to. Once you then perfect it’s recommended to glue them in place by putting some super glue in the threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The adjusters attach to the front crash bar and support the bumper between the lights and grille. These can tend to sieze up and brake when removing the bumper fixings. I bought a new pay from ebay complete with the rivets to attach them to the cross member.

Ahh ok cool. Thanks for the info guys. Will have a look and order some new ones. If nothing else I can guarantee that the ones on mine will be seized up. :icon thumright:

These:
cc8a371925234150b8dc14294f32cc62.jpg

Reactions: Sam1989
JArnold - is that the SFonia gear stick off t'internet? Amazon for about £16 - and did it fit ok?
Tis cheap internet guff, but went on ok after I took the boot off the non correctly shaped frame and glued/stapled it into my existing frame and then reinserted it. Feels alright, metal is a little ******, but I think I paid £9 so if it doesn't last I'll look at an authentic one.

Mildly off topic but I think you’ll forgive me... went to purchase a Facebook find... only to discover the sellers STUNNING RS4 B7 Avant in his garage. So today I learnt about Avant envy.

Reactions: Rob Avant and Ricky Burrows
A facebook find, what's that then mike, and more to the point was it a nice example of the beast .

A facebook find, what's that then mike, and more to the point was it a nice example of the beast .
A small non Audi related bit of kit to keep the midget out of mischief. And yes chap it was in mint condition and obviously very well loved.

Fitted n/s shock, caliper carrier, discs and pads.
Tackled o/s which was meant to be the good side, haha.

Today1
Today2
Today3
Today4

Reactions: Rob Avant and Ricky Burrows
Safe to say those old disc's & dampers are well past their best, you should notice a big improvement now chap.:icon thumright:

Polished my tips
e50a2625848411bbf3567a3627eecf02.jpg
e20e70355de1c9fbd4a4c47e7486e5e1.jpg

Just a few jobs really.
First job too replace the missing audi circles badge on the valve cover, I think this is the 3rd now :shrug:
Lavished the old bus with an oil change with some of it's favourite flavour of oil.
Then a front pad change, old ones are a few years old and down to about 50% so not really worn on the scale of things but I had a new set spare so fitted them aswell, nice easy 10 min job with 18z's.

that's about it for now.
IMG 2149rob
IMG 2145rob
IMG 2148rob
IMG 2147rob