What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Started to remove the inlet manifold for injector replacement and carbon clean up! 2.5 hours in and its still not off....

IMG 20200428 200251

Reactions: Sidrick
Should the inlet be tight still one its all unbolted? Scared to pull it too hard incase i break something!
Have heard about using a slide hammer to get injectors out a big one though not a little girls one with a small weight so that may well be the case in yours as well

Sorry just miss read what you said thought you meant removing the injectors...ignore me :)

Well the injectors are in the manifold as well as the engine. So they are probably wahts causing the difficulty. All the videos on net and guides just say to pull the menifold and it comes off....

Well the injectors are in the manifold as well as the engine. So they are probably wahts causing the difficulty. All the videos on net and guides just say to pull the menifold and it comes off....
Ah right a slide hammer may well be the problem solver then.

Did you take the throttle body off? There's a support bracket under the manifold you have to take off or that things not gonna move.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chrismawa
Did you take the throttle body off? There's a support bracket under the manifold you have to take off or that things not gonna move.

Yeah mate TB is off as well as support bracket. Dunno whether it just needs a big pull but scared to break anything lol

Yeah mate TB is off as well as support bracket. Dunno whether it just needs a big pull but scared to break anything lol
If your fuel lines are disconnected and the you have the support bracket off then the only things holding the manifold are 7 long screws and two 10mm nuts. After that you just have to pull and sort of wiggle it off. You'll need to move the coolant pipe on top around to get the fuel line under it (dont forget to take the top fuel line off, it's a 17mm). It is stubborn because if the injectors. Sometimes the injectors stay in the head but often times they come out with the manifold. Once you get the manifold partly off peek around at the injectors and see if they came out with the manifold. If any of them did then use a long flathead and gently pry them out or pull them out by hand. They'll still be connected to the wiring harness, that's why you can't just take the whole thing out right away.

Don't be scared. Pull hard. You'll learn something as you do.

Yeah. Pretty much everything i can see being in the way. Large coolant pipe running across the top is still there. Soemone mentioned you can remove this without losing much coolant?

Yeah. Pretty much everything i can see being in the way. Large coolant pipe running across the top is still there. Soemone mentioned you can remove this without losing much coolant?
Don't do that. There is a torx screw towards the front right at the bend, underneath. Take that one out and the torx screw on top that is connected to the manifold and the fuel line. You'll have tons of wiggle room to move the coolant pipe around. It's connected to soft silicone lines so it's really easy to move around and you don't lose any coolant.

Reactions: Chrismawa
Don't do that. There is a torx screw towards the front right at the bend, underneath. Take that one out and the torx screw on top that is connected to the manifold and the fuel line. You'll have tons of wiggle room to move the coolant pipe around. It's connected to soft silicone lines so it's really easy to move around and you don't lose any coolant.

Yeah thats what ive been doing so far. Manifold just seems stuck on, although it is wiggling. Fuel pump and alternator are still on, theres no need to remove these is there?

Yeah thats what ive been doing so far. Manifold just seems stuck on, although it is wiggling. Fuel pump and alternator are still on, theres no need to remove these is there?
The only other thing to disconnect is the N80 and theres one wiring harness that towards the back and kind of hidden but it won't prevent you from pulling the manifold out. If it's the first time it's ever coming off then it's going to be very stubborn.

Picked car up from the garage today, had tracking sorted after spring swap and couple bits done too at same time, looks a much better height now, will try and get a photo up.
But between getting the keys and sitting in the a4, somehow we have now become the owners of a 1987 mk2 golf. I love my wife.

Reactions: Sidrick
Here ya go

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200501-224738_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200501-224738_Gallery.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot_20200501-224753_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200501-224753_Gallery.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Here ya go

Looks a good height now. What springs have you used?
I can't wait to get my B12 kit fitted.

Have you got a front door blade missing?

I think it's great when folks stick with cars from the same Brand. I've had owned all 4 of the marques now (mostly Audis) and wouldn't own any other.

Front blades are in the shed as ran out of lacquer spraying them, so wait until shops open properly.
Its eibach springs, think super sports ones, very pleased with the height of it, had 2 rear ones broken on it before, but wasn't creaking and sat level so didn't notice immediately, oops.
Was never into vag stuff until had seat inca (mk2 caddy) which was brilliant. Then got the a4 as we needed something more comfortable than a mini clubman due to my wife having a couple of tumors in her spine.
Got offered a polo very cheap with engine light on, bought that a d fixed it for my son, but I'm driving it as he's only just 17.
Planned a project and started gathering bits, S3 engine, cupra R gearbox, mk3 gti bits and massive discs, then this mk2 came up by chance and mrs C bought it.
Also have an old mini and mgf, and my lady has her daily little kia.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Fitted some 5mm rear spacers today as the backs been looking skinny, I been putting it off as I've got plans to do a custom wide arch so will require 40-50mm spacers but thought id just throw on some 5mm's for now to sort out the skinny look as the wide arch project could be some while away yet, plus the little man's obsessed with cars and fixing things so he's always up for getting his hands dirty bless him.

BEFORE:
35 offset rear

AFTER:
30 offset rear

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and BakPak
Its eibach springs, think super sports ones, very pleased with the height of it, had 2 rear ones broken on it before, but wasn't creaking and sat level so didn't notice immediately, oops.
Was never into vag stuff until had seat inca (mk2 caddy) which was brilliant. Then got the a4 as we needed something more comfortable than a mini clubman due to my wife having a couple of tumors in her spine.
Got offered a polo very cheap with engine light on, bought that a d fixed it for my son, but I'm driving it as he's only just 17.
Planned a project and started gathering bits, S3 engine, cupra R gearbox, mk3 gti bits and massive discs, then this mk2 came up by chance and mrs C bought it.

Supersports do seem to lower a bit more. Pros won't lower much less than S line height I don't believe.

VAG is like a disease, once it's got hold no-one in their right mind should seek a cure.

Reactions: David Cox
Fitted some 5mm rear spacers today as the backs been looking skinny, I been putting it off as I've got plans to do a custom wide arch so will require 40-50mm spacers but thought id just throw on some 5mm's for now to sort out the skinny look as the wide arch project could be some while away yet, plus the little man's obsessed with cars and fixing things so he's always up for getting his hands dirty bless him.

BEFORE:
View attachment 202294

AFTER:
View attachment 202295

What rim width and offset are you alloys Ricky?

What rim width and offset are you alloys Ricky?
8.5j front and back with offset 35, wish I knew what I know now as I would of ordered the offset different to what I had ordered at the time, it took a good few weeks waiting for them to be made in Italy so bit of a shame but at least the spacers are an option.

so you are effectively on et29 then, another 2mm and you'd be the same as mine on et27 rear.

so you are effectively on et29 then, another 2mm and you'd be the same as mine on et27 rear.
There 5mm spacers so should be 30 on the rear 35 up front, fronts are really close they were occasionally rubbing on a clip on the arch for a few months after the springs were fitted I guess that clips gone or shaved down a bit now lol, I wouldn't want to push them out much more, the rears are completely flush now Id like to see yours as a comparison on et27, how are you finding them are they rubbing at all? mine must be mega close when the suspension compresses so yours must be a credit card away from the arch lol.

There 5mm spacers so should be 30 on the rear 35 up front, fronts are really close they were occasionally rubbing on a clip on the arch for a few months after the springs were fitted I guess that clips gone or shaved down a bit now lol, I wouldn't want to push them out much more, the rears are completely flush now Id like to see yours as a comparison on et27, how are you finding them are they rubbing at all? mine must be mega close when the suspension compresses so yours must be a credit card away from the arch lol.

I can't count tonight either..lol
yours are close on 35 upfront then, I've changed to 31 and it's fine.

I can't count tonight either..lol
yours are close on 35 upfront then, I've changed to 31 and it's fine.
Lol, yeah is really close I seen you were on 31 not long ago and I was surprised, not sure if I'm slightly lower or its the tyre sidewall ect but Id be rubbing on et31 I think.

Finally got the front S line door blades on just now, much better.
Got a question, bothered me since got car, but it's like washer fluid, only remember when there.
One part of the 4 pieces of back light appears to be darker than the others, now I'm pretty sure the car has had work done on rear end as no badges and was some overspray on a trim panel, so may be replacement one(s)
Or is there a difference between non and S line lamps?

Just 4. Not my pic, waiting for them to arrive new from Porsche Germany, should be here 2 weeks after they re-open on the 11th.

It's the 345mm Macan/Q5 upgrade.

Macan

Reactions: David Cox, TOM.S, Pie-eyedpiper and 2 others
I got these for 100$ both with nearly new brake pads, currently painting them.
80be65f35bffa9474477d3d01d66a8f2.jpg

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AvantMike