What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

At least you walked away from it in one piece... the car can be replaced.

Reactions: Rob Avant and Donfero
Got hit by a truck, thank god its an Audi..
b6b6165908fbe62c5bc3abe887de01a7.jpg

Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk
hope you are ok chap, its only a car and lives are more important.
I don't think tha'ts going to knock out with a hammer.

Reactions: Rob Avant and northpole
hope you are ok chap, its only a car and lives are more important.
I don't think tha'ts going to knock out with a hammer.
Luckily I walked away unscratched. The seatbelt did cause some bruises but nothing serious. It's going to need way more than a hammer my friend.

Luckily I walked away unscratched. The seatbelt did cause some bruises but nothing serious. It's going to need way more than a hammer my friend.

The fact you walked away with just a few seat belt bruises is testament to the B7's quality build quality.

Reactions: TOM.S
The fact you walked away with just a few seat belt bruises is testament to the B7's quality build quality.

but yeah just looking at the damage we get it hurts as someone has written-off your pride and joy. and insurers being insurers it'll take a while before you get your money to get a replacement.

but yeah just looking at the damage we get it hurts as someone has written-off your pride and joy. and insurers being insurers it'll take a while before you get your money to get a replacement.
It is clear that it is unpleasant. However, remember that there is only one life.

Reactions: Donfero
It is clear that it is unpleasant. However, remember that there is only one life.
i already mentioned that earlier... reading the whole topic and all the replies would've refrained you from pointing to the obvious.

Reactions: Donfero
The battle with the insurance is a car crash itself!!

Sorry to hear that @Donfero but glad you're ok. Sad about the car but it can be replaced.

Hope you're well otherwise buddy

Reactions: Donfero and Reginka
Sorry to hear that @Donfero but glad you're ok. Sad about the car but it can be replaced.

Hope you're well otherwise buddy
I'm fine thx for asking. I'm waiting for the insurance to decide the cars fate.

Another day and the old bus battery finally expired, luckily it was at home.
Had to open the wallet again..lol
went with a midstream replacement as the last Lion lasted a good few years so seemed fine to go with another.
IMG 7459

Reactions: swisstony, Rob Avant, Gmac and 1 other person
i got the exact same one in the car bought it like that but found the receipt in the paperwork it's already 2 years old so I'll soon take it off and put it on a deep cycle charge to make sure it lasts a bit longer... my vectra also had that brand but I had to exchange the battery just before it was 1 year old... it stopped holding a charge , the replacement did the same i brought it back and got a free replacement yet again( it's the reason why i have the deep cycle charger) so they are a hit and miss I'd say keep an eye on the voltage ;)

They are what they are really and i didn't want to throw shed loads at a new battery.
The oem batt lasted 9 years, the current fitted lion has been good for the last 8 years so I can't really complain and that age would suggest they are ok for my usage. :icon thumright:

Last edited:
They are they are really and i didn't want to throw shed loads at a new battery.
The oem batt lasted 9 years, the current fitted lion has been good for the last 8 years so I can't really complain and that age would suggest they are ok for my usage. :icon thumright:
mweh i didn't really bother buying an expensive one either... i just brought them back and got them replaced.. as they give you a new receipt and a full years warranty on them the 2nd replacement lasted well over 5 years before i finally had to let go of the car. So as i said they can be a hit and miss... but that's when the warranty comes in handy ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reginka
So just bought the MFSW with flappy pedals, got it delivered... airbag don't fit... went to check... my bad... ordered the airbag just now.... stupid of me not to triple check.. no probs airbag is ordered. Connector is the same anyways so will be a plug and play once the airbag arrives.

So just bought the MFSW with flappy pedals, got it delivered... airbag don't fit... went to check... my bad... ordered the airbag just now.... stupid of me not to triple check.. no probs airbag is ordered. Connector is the same anyways so will be a plug and play once the airbag arrives.
which mfsw is this?

Just a normal.one from an a3... nothing special. Be patient pictures will be put up once i receive the airbag and install it

Square looking thing that isn't square but deffo not round... it looks like the old a4 style airbag but the inside is just a slight 2mm smaller... plus it has the extra cable connector on it. Funnily enough the connector on the slip ring is fully populated.

Ok, only asked as i have one here from my old B7 MFSW.

Reactions: northpole
And i got the wrong airbag... it was for a 4 spoke steeringwheel... my bad, but i couldn't really see that it was for a 4 spoke one as the pictures didn't really show it and the description didn't have it either plus, i didn't ask to make sure... good thing is he does have the right airbag for me with the right wires and mounting plate by the looks of it... ( i never realized they made that many different airbags... the new ones with just the round airbag are a design miracle!) So just waiting for them to send it out when they receive the one i returned...

just have to pay return and send fee again...But me being impatient i asked him to send me an ebay link so i can pay for asap so he can send it out and i can finish swapping the steeringwheel ;) just waiting for his reply.

lol well i didn't know you had it when i was looking for it :D anyway I' waiting for he right one to be dispatched... that said does yours have the aribag wire with the black breakout connector attached to it? and is it fully populated? because if that is not the case than it's of no use to me... as i can't get the cable by itself you need to buy it with the airbag. and if the answer is yes keep hold of it... they are hard to find...

Yep, 2007 B7 fitment and correct air bag loom as both came out of my B7.

Reactions: northpole
Ball bags! Not used the old wagon for a few weeks. Doing some checks and noticed this…

IMG 4520

• Sad
Reactions: Gmac
Thats not good Rob, can you get replacement springs or will it be complete coil over units?

don't know what brand you got but if both springs have gone just get a new set preferably from a different brand... as these clearly aren't fit for purpose. My previous vectra c was known to break springs i searched until i found a brand that had the same spring rate for the car but didn't break the springs... i ended up with TA-techniks lowering springs and sport shocks on that car... they lasted until the car went to the scrappy because the engine seized (runaway turbo). they were on the car for over 6 years and still looked fresh when it went to the scrappy.