Remap - after May ECU

Chris5

Reaction score
My pal got his s3 remapped by APR last week and his was the +May build. Can revo do this yet? Was waiting to get the revo remap but might just go with APR think there pretty much the same anyway.

I've not seen anything from Revo to suggest they've cracked the encryption on later ECUs just APR as far as I know.

What do you think between Apr and revo?

I think they're pretty much the same from what I've read although reading the American forums APR have released a new version to fix some bugs whereas Revo tend to have a longer development time and release only once - hence no Revo TCU map yet. APR looks to have the higher torque output but not sure if that's altogether a good thing or not. The Revo map will be set to the fuel grade you use and transmission type which is a good thing - think APR also have high and low output maps.

Reactions: Chris5
Il need to have another think. Maybe wait and hear from more s3 owners who get the new revo remap when it's out to.
The warranty issue holds me back a bit also

Reactions: Rob2k68
Iv just been told the APR remap doesn't flag up a TD1 by someone who works in Audi and is on stage 2 APR right now.

Iv just been told the APR remap doesn't flag up a TD1 by someone who works in Audi and is on stage 2 APR right now.

That would be pretty awesome but I'd do a bit more research if that drives you one way or other (as it would lots of people) - not sure how it's possible to get round the flag ?

Take that with a MASSIVE pinch of salt if I were you - it's highly unlikely.

Reactions: Chris5 and Rob2k68