Car collection eve

Nealey080

Reaction score
so its S3 collection Eve today (as suggested by my OH) signed all the paper work this morning then a nice afternoon in our hotel spa followed by a meal out. I am more excited about tomorrow than I have been in a long time hence I am been kept busy. I'm a young ripe age of 25 so I feel very lucky to be able to own a Audi let alone a brand new S3 hence the excitement. I will be sure to post some pictures up tomorrow which I gather is a requirement.

Reactions: DH81, Snake Pliskin, THQuattro and 9 others
Hi Andrew. Enjoy your collection. We look forward to pics :)

Reactions: Nealey080
Congrats! It's better than Christmas as a kid! I didn't stop smiling for a few days after my collection.

Still smile when I put my foot down now.. 8 months on :D

Happy Motoring!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Nealey080
Happy days. Get some pics up! :)

Reactions: Nealey080 and Rob2k68
Enjoy your day fella hope the weather's good for you :racer:

Reactions: Nealey080 and Rob2k68
Sleepless night for you mate !!

Have a great day tomorrow it's awesome driving the S3 away from the dealership really enjoyed my handover experience.

Reactions: Nealey080 and SW14NY'S
Enjoy it mate, I picked mine up today can't ge this smile off my face! Good luck sleeping tonight though haha :blackrs4::help:

I got to sleep ok however I woke up at half 3 body clock is still ruined from America, well that's what I'm blaming it on.

Mikeg10 did you manage to give it a good run out yesterday?

I'm taking my dad with me to the handover so he check everything over so I don't miss anything, that way I can just concentrate on the important things like the go pedal!

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Hope all goes well, should be a smooth collection day if you did the paperwork already.
Make sure you go over the car 3 or 4 times even if you think you've looked at it hard enough, its better to spot a problem before you leave the dealership.
Enjoy!

Everything went smoothly with the pick up. I took the day off yesterday and gave the car a good run out. As it was raining yesterday the car was unbelievably dirty by the time I went to sleep last night. Looking to clean it today and get some pictures up. Best of luck for today to you!

Reactions: jimojameso, Simon L, Pizza_man and 2 others
Sorry for the delay I was waiting for my private plates to go on.

Wow what a car this is its all personal opinion, but I havnt stopped driving it around since Thursday and I've had a constant smile on my face. Everything about it the looks, the sound, the power, the comfort (most of the time) handles really well, I couldn't be more pleased with the decision I made.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Sorry for the delay I was waiting for my private plates to go on.

Wow what a car this is its all personal opinion, but I havnt stopped driving it around since Thursday and I've had a constant smile on my face. Everything about it the looks, the sound, the power, the comfort (most of the time) handles really well, I couldn't be more pleased with the decision I made.

Car looks stunning Andrew - congratulations !!

Team Daytona or Monsoon ?

Lovely looking car. Which dealer did you pick it up from, any thoughts on the experience?

What a shine!

Who can blame you for constant driving :p

I can't wait to get mine, and I hope I am as happy as you sound with yours!

What's your thoughts on dynamic mode and engine/exhaust noise?

Car looks stunning Andrew - congratulations !!

Team Daytona or Monsoon ?
Thank you, very impressed with it. Team Daytona.

Lovely looking car. Which dealer did you pick it up from, any thoughts on the experience?

Pick it up from Coventry. Could recommend it highly enough. In the past 2 months between me and the Mrs family we have picked up 5 audis now, 2 a1's a q3 a tt and now my s3. Everything was top notch from first walking in the door they couldn't do enough for me constant updates with regards to the car and always answered any questions I had. As for picking up it was in the viewing bay under the cover he came in then left us to have a look around to make sure we're happy with everything before coming back and talking me through everything.

What a shine!

Who can blame you for constant driving :p

I can't wait to get mine, and I hope I am as happy as you sound with yours!

What's your thoughts on dynamic mode and engine/exhaust noise?

My Mrs complains haha, but I bought her a few things to keep her happy.

The sound is amazing, not to instrusive at low speeds, open her up and heads turn and I have a massive grin.

Reactions: Gazjs, Simon L, Pizza_man and 2 others
A week tomorrow until collection day for me ...I'm hoping mine will look like this when I pick it up
09ca852b40ebfe403ac8677802a9a76e.jpg

Reactions: Simon L, Nealey080 and Rob2k68
Thank you, very impressed with it. Team Daytona.

The sound is amazing, not to instrusive at low speeds, open her up and heads turn and I have a massive grin.
Yours looks stunning Andrew ...I was so tempted to go Daytona but decided on Panther Black...hoping I'm not gonna regret it happy motoring my friend

Pick it up from Coventry. Could recommend it highly enough. In the past 2 months between me and the Mrs family we have picked up 5 audis now, 2 a1's a q3 a tt and now my s3. Everything was top notch from first walking in the door they couldn't do enough for me constant updates with regards to the car and always answered any questions I had. As for picking up it was in the viewing bay under the cover he came in then left us to have a look around to make sure we're happy with everything before coming back and talking me through everything.

That's good to hear, I should be getting my A3 from there very soon.

Yours looks stunning Andrew ...I was so tempted to go Daytona but decided on Panther Black...hoping I'm not gonna regret it happy motoring my friend

I was the other way around I was tempted to go for panther black, I think both look really good and both stand out.

Not long until you get yours, I only had a couple of days in the country and that wait killed me so how your waiting until the 1st I don't know.

I was the other way around I was tempted to go for panther black, I think both look really good and both stand out.

Not long until you get yours, I only had a couple of days in the country and that wait killed me so how your waiting until the 1st I don't know.
It's been very hard Andrew ...this is my second order as the first arrived in Dec with the wrong interior. I ordered Lunar and it arrived black so they had to reorder....def looking forward to next Tuesday, especially with folk posting pics of their fab collections

That must have been awful! I read about that and was hoping and praying that wouldn't happen to me. I think it's very easy though to read all the horror stories about other peoples experiences and worry it's going to happen to you.

They were lucky...I'm kinda laid back they were gonna give the sales guy a hard time but I had a meeting with his boss to avoid this

How was the prep by Coventry Audi? Was there lots of swirls or can I be at ease that they won't ruin my paintwork?

How was the prep by Coventry Audi? Was there lots of swirls or can I be at ease that they won't ruin my paintwork?

The prep work was faultless mate, not a swirl In site, I think it's very easy to read comments on foums and start to worry. I was aassured by them that they don't use sponges etc and everything was done to a high standard. The car that was been prepped for delivery after mine I saw at least 3 of the staff go round the car checking it was spotless.

Reactions: A4B9
The prep work was faultless mate, not a swirl In site, I think it's very easy to read comments on foums and start to worry. I was aassured by them that they don't use sponges etc and everything was done to a high standard. The car that was been prepped for delivery after mine I saw at least 3 of the staff go round the car checking it was spotless.
Mine is getting its protective covers taken off then left alone for my detailer to prep....cause they totally ruined my mates S3 vv
08e2ee1a5ea7b204663ca78a567a5fe7.jpg

Think it's a postcode lottery if you have a good experience or not

Mine is getting its protective covers taken off then left alone for my detailer to prep....cause they totally ruined my mates S3 vv
08e2ee1a5ea7b204663ca78a567a5fe7.jpg

Think it's a postcode lottery if you have a good experience or not

I have seen quite a few photos like that, as you said it's a lottery of sorts. Surely with stuff like that the sales person must look at it and think that's not good enough. it amazes me something that bad goes unnoticed,or they just hope the customer doesn't notice and is to excited to see that edward scissorhands has been washing the car.

It also depends on how OCD you are as well....I am very OCD blacks maybe not the best colour for that...lol

Anyway this is your thread and you've had a very successful handover..... so enjoy

Hi Andy, it's Amar. Found my login details for Audi-Sport. Thanks for the kind words. I'm fairly active on another Audi forum, but lots of great info on here. Glad you're pleased with the car, and handover. I am quite particular about the prep of my cars and was quite active on detailing world a few years ago. A blade/chammy/sponge isn't allowed anywhere near my customer's cars, hence your swirl free collection! Keep the updates coming, and I'll be sure to check in on the forum more regularly. I'll be in touch reference your plate this evening.

enjoy your new car. hope you got a good deal collecting it before the 1st.

enjoy your new car. hope you got a good deal collecting it before the 1st.

The waiting until the 1st didn't really bother me, I had 2 weeks leave to play around with it before I go away again Sunday. I am more than happy with the car, I love it couldnt be happier!! gone through a fair bit of fuel already just playing around with the s tronic as never had one before, and have to say it's fantastic had a few moments with no power but that's just driver error seen what it can and can't handle.

Tuesday the 1st March is fast approaching...paperwork is all done and collection is scheduled for 11:00am woop, woop! So excited now

The I'll be starting a thread 'Show us Panther' (unless there is one already)

To all that are picking up on Tuesday 'Happy New Car Day!' and don't forget to share your experience with the rest of us and upload your pics

I'm envious SW14NYS, I have to wait until the 9th to pick up my A3 2.0TDI S-line Sportback from Coventry, ticket booked & looking forward to the drive back.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and SW14NY'S
I'm envious SW14NYS, I have to wait until the 9th to pick up my A3 2.0TDI S-line Sportback from Coventry, ticket booked & looking forward to the drive back.
I'll have it for about 4hrs

then it's booked in with my detailer till Sunday to get prepped and a ceramic seal and the Lunar Silver Alcantara protected

I'll have it for about 4hrs

then it's booked in with my detailer till Sunday to get prepped and a ceramic seal and the Lunar Silver Alcantara protected

At least you get to have a couple of hours with it. What treatment are you going for, I'm going to get one done too but haven't decided between Gyeon & Gtechniq.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
At least you get to have a couple of hours with it. What treatment are you going for, I'm going to get. One done too but haven't decided between Gyeon & Gtechniq.
CQuartz UK Ceramic seal and Gtechniq l1 Smart Fibre interior protection
2b7d5802f33e418f5d88046e1e2fbcc3.jpg

Last edited: