Looking to buy a 2010-2013 A4 Avant Tdi

If it's the same as the wife's a3 iirc it was 5yr or 70k, can't check in my service book for the a4 at the mo as I'm out but as soon as I get in I'll look.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Actually mate, that's right. Mine was 5 year old when I bought it. Think I was getting confused with 5 year/50k

Reactions: feva
Actually mate, that's right. Mine was 5 year old when I bought it. Think I was getting confused with 5 year/50k
Only vaguely remember as I had the wife's a3 black edition done last year as it hit 5yrs but hasn't got the miles on it.

1495c33e03ac4f91adec27cc1ac5107a.jpg

Doesn't say anything in my digital service book about timescale?
Mines a 2013 a4

Would have thought it would say a timescale in the book, but if the site says 5years then I guess thats what they are.

A 133k mile interval for a belt is crazy long!

Would have thought it would say a timescale in the book, but if the site says 5years then I guess thats what they are.

A 133k mile interval for a belt is crazy long!
Yeah that's what I thought. When I get chance I'll pop into local dealers and ask.

Ive always gone off the 4 years 60k rule. Some vauxhalls have 100k intervals, but seen genuine belts go twang at 60k!

According to local dealers today. 140k or 5yrs whichever comes first.

Teesside aye.

hard to tell if these are tinted. If they are, its only minimal.

Teesside aye.

hard to tell if these are tinted. If they are, its only minimal.
Sorry mate meant I've tinted mine look loads better with them done. What spec? Obviously black edition.

Ahh, Might get them done in time.

Quattro 177PS model
Black Edition
New front discs and pads
wheels refurbed
No sat nav (but theres a button on the steering wheel)
No Heated seats
23,400miles
MOT dec'16

Bodywork wise its pretty good. He agreed to sort the niggles out I had including a pretty bad scratch inside the NSR door, sort overspray out, Re-paint wing mirror chip and scratch. Chucked 12months tax on it and tank of juice. £17,700. Pretty good price when you look at what over BE's there is nationally.

Ahh, Might get them done in time.

Quattro 177PS model
Black Edition
New front discs and pads
wheels refurbed
No sat nav (but theres a button on the steering wheel)
No Heated seats
23,400miles
MOT dec'16

Bodywork wise its pretty good. He agreed to sort the niggles out I had including a pretty bad scratch inside the NSR door, sort overspray out, Re-paint wing mirror chip and scratch. Chucked 12months tax on it and tank of juice. £17,700. Pretty good price when you look at what over BE's there is nationally.
Mate I'd seriously considered that same car. But didn't need a Quattro. As for nav button on steering wheel it'll just be if it has nav fitted (mine has the same button without nav). Nice car when I looked at it.

Aye, nice car. looks straight from a good nosey round under the bonnet and boot floor etc. (crap they dont have a dipstick on these engines but the oil smelt ok)

Thankfully didnt go last week as they knocked £500 off it midweek. Timed it right.

Do you know what the large module is in the left hand side of the boot? Good few wires going into it. Could it be the amp for the B+O radio?

Also, you dont happen to know any cool things you can turn on with Vag-Com do you? Theres always some things you can tweak :D

Aye, nice car. looks straight from a good nosey round under the bonnet and boot floor etc. (**** they dont have a dipstick on these engines but the oil smelt ok)

Thankfully didnt go last week as they knocked £500 off it midweek. Timed it right.

Do you know what the large module is in the left hand side of the boot? Good few wires going into it. Could it be the amp for the B+O radio?

Also, you dont happen to know any cool things you can turn on with Vag-Com do you? Theres always some things you can tweak :D
I've got Carista for Android mate really easy to turn stuff on etc... Where abouts are you based again?

Just past Bishop Auckland/Crook.

Got the full works VCDS so can just use that if I ever need to turn anything on.

Need to have a good read of the VCDS mods and the hidden MMI menu of what you can do in there. The hill hold sounds pretty cool if my ABS module will support it,

Not used VCDS. The carista app whilst it may be limited to what it can do is basically a turn a function on or off. Shows list of available options.

Plenty of time to have a play. Getting used to how everything works will be a good start haha.

Do these have a internal hard drive you can save music to? If so what size?

Also, can you get a iPhone 6 lightening cable to the mmi as o noticed this one had a cable in off the older iPhones.

You picked this up yet Chris?

out of interest...does anyone know the difference between the B8 and the B8.5 facelift models?

Was thinking I could have had the older b8 model, but after doing a bit reading it seems its the B8.5.

Correct?

Think it is mate. The lights are different.

Yeah, think so. And its got the continuous DRL in the lower of the light...and the LED look foglights in the bumper instead of the earlier circular ones.

Had a panic there haha

You got it Chris? Where's the pics?

Only pic I have. Sorted all the boys out I wanted doing so it's perfect.

Such a lovely car to drive. Only thing I noticed is the fact you got to twist the knob on dash to the left to scroll down instead of turning to the right.

Looking forward to learning all the little tricks there is. Going to get vag com on it tomorrow and see what features can upgrades. The tilt passenger mirror down on reverse already looks a good one!!

I'd noticed (and others I've read have commented on) the turning the dial opposite way takes a bit of getting use to.

Enjoy.

Yeah, it does. Instinct is to turn it right. Must have been designed for left hand drive lol.

Going to get the laptop on it today and check all the PR codes in the boot and see what can and can't be enabled. Hopefully should get some cool things on it.

Do you know of any ways can stream music to the radio? Had a look and couldn't see a option that would allow me to stream the audio from my phone (iPhone 6). Seen someone using a Bluetooth adapter which plugs into the Audi AMI lead.

Not sure if I can store tracks in the internal hard drive on mine either.

Couldn't do it on mine Chris. Just loaded all my music tracks onto a SD card. DAB radio normally occasionally SD card music. All I need.

Ahh :(. SD card isn't too bad, pretty hidden away.

What file format you got to drop your music in on the card? Can you have seperate folders then tracks in side such as:

CD1
Track 1
Track 2

CD2
Track 1
Track 2

Or do they all have to be single folders in the root of the card?

Any size restrictions on it? IE 4gb card max etc

Ahh :(. SD card isn't too bad, pretty hidden away.

What file format you got to drop your music in on the card? Can you have seperate folders then tracks in side such as:

CD1
Track 1
Track 2

CD2
Track 1
Track 2

Or do they all have to be single folders in the root of the card?

Any size restrictions on it? IE 4gb card max etc

I've got mine in separate folders, different folders within them folders. And all different file types. My card is 32gb.

Ah awesome, will get a SD card ordered.

Had a play with VCDS today, couldnt find the hidden MMI buttons as both the 07 module and 5F modules were none responsive, so I guess I cant do it unless someone else knows how to get into the MMI on the Audi concert with all buttons on the dash.

Enabled the battery warning meter
Enabled the Alarm lock/unlock beep
Increased DRL lighting from 26 to 75 (not sure what this does but guess its the dipping level with indicators)
Turned on remote windows from the keyfob through the MMI
Enabled the reverse mirror tilt (such a handy feature)
Enabled the Lap Timer. Cool, but its a shame the oil temp doesnt work :(

Not too sure what the DIS with efficiency program is though. Mine has Start/Stop but not sure what it does,
Not sure what the Audi Drive Select is, seems to do something with the steering stiffness, but ive left that for now haha

Ive only got the basic ABS pump (1AS instead of 1AT) so I cant enable the hill hold feature unfortunately :(

Also realised pressing the reset button on the stalk for wipers will cycle through some menu's on the dash.

I use a micro SD card in a SD card adaptor. Works perfect.