Engine rocks the car on tick over

MikegS3

Reaction score
A3 2.0 tdi 145000 miles just had cam belt kit and water pump now the car seems to be rocking when just ticking over and sounds a bit lumpy drives lovely otherwise any ideas??

PD or common rail? You may want to check torsion value if PD. If CR then has the engine mount on the timing belt side been done up properly?

Unsure did think engine mount myself it's my sons car so haven't had Chance to look myself sorry to ask but pd??

timing wants looking at, if who ever has done the belt has done it without the proper locking pins, defo the timing will be out. they miss and shake bad when its out and very easily done. you might notice more smoke out the back than before as well.

Thanks for the reply he took it to the garage where work was carried out and was told its nothing to do with timing belt work and what do u expect for the mileage??

If it didn't do it before the belt was changed its something the garage has done.

Hi, I'm Having this issue with my 54 plate a3 8p mine was doing this before I had the cam belt and water pump done also the EMl Light is on due to a faulty cam shaft position sensor, so I assume it does have something to do with the timing.

Unsure did think engine mount myself it's my sons car so haven't had Chance to look myself sorry to ask but pd??

OK check timing and also engine mount on the timing belt side.

PD = pumpe deuse which is the older valve system you get on the BKD engines et al.

CR = common rail which are the newer engines after 2009.

Reason I asked is because you get can check and adjust torsion value on the PD engines using VCDS.