tow bar help

Andrew Richardson

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2006 3 door S-line 2.0 tdi. I am after fitting a tow bar to it, looking on ebay there are a lot that are advertised to not fit s-lines. Also speaking to a few suppliers have said this is because the s-line bumpers stick out more so the clearance between the ball and bumper is too small? Basically just interested to know what tow bars people have fitted on s-lines models, also how much they cost and where they got them from? I am not fussed whether they are fixed or detachable as long as i dont have to hack half my bumper away. I will be fitting the tow bar my self and have seen tow bar spacers which go between the ball hook bit and the bracket which i thought may be able to resolve my problem with space between the bumper and tow ball hook. Cheers guys!

I have the standard fixed tow ball version on the wifes 2006 Sline, no cutting of the bumper required. The detachable version would be best as they are swan necks, saves your shins from numerous bruises when removed. You may have to remove a small section of the lower bumper edge depending on which brand of towbar you buy. On a black car you'll hardly notice anyway.
I'll be fitting a detachable on the 2010 Sline TFSI soon and that is a Facelift version, I think has a slightly deeper bumper.

You can ask a local Tow Bar supply & Fit company if a cut is required, the cost of fitting is not a lot and takes about 2 hours.