Product to protect new paint

larne

Reaction score
I have just ordered an A3 Saloon in Glazier White, Comfort Pack and folding mirrors. My current car is a A3 Sportback which I bought Autoglym Lifeshine. I didn't this time as I found it inconvenient to take to the dealers each time to have it cleaned. My question is, is there another product which I could purchase to apply to the new paint when I get my new car?

Small question , big answers.
In short
1/ Get is pro detailed first then top up ( this is what i did)

2/ Do it yourself. There is loads of stuff in the detailing section. Lots of good advice.

The best advice is dont let the dealer touch your paint....

Reactions: Rob2k68
I asked the dealer not to touch my car at all. They only took the wrapping off the paint to inspect it and that was it. I took mine to a pro detailer to have Gtechniq C1 put on then C2, that was after a 2 stage machine polish. He showed me under LED lighting how much the car comes lightly scratched from the factory, hence the 2 stage machine polish. It was around £400 but it was money well spent.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Personally I have Gyeon MOHS and Durabead, my neighbour has Nanolex on his VRS and the Gtechniq products are also very popular.

Best to contact a local deatailer and discuss what best suits your needs and your pocket !!

Can thoroughly recommend Baz at Auto Detox.

Lots of debate on what the best product is, truth is its all down to cost and the detailer carrying out the work for you.

I've found, having detailed a fair few cars, that synthetic coatings don't offer the same level of depth and shine that a quality carnauba wax like Victoria concours wax or Swissvax will. Upkeep on wax layers is more time consuming but if it's garage kept and you aren't on the motorway a lot I'd say that a wax would look the best on the car. I found that applying waxes by hand was rewarding and loved spending silly amounts of time detailing my old 8L S3 in the garage.

I opted for GTechniq Crystal Serum and EXO (called crystal serum black) as I wanted longevity of the coating and the scratch resistance it offered, GTechniq seemed the best in my opinion 7 year Guarantee on it and I must say that it's so far doing an excellent job of keeping the car clean with truly minimal effort, snow foam and G Wash is all I need.

The problem with this coating is that it's professional detailer applied only, so you cannot buy it and do it yourself. I had TI22 do mine and my Fathers A7. Well worth it.

Hope that helps.

How long is a piece of string.
What ever you do don't use a polish, use a wax, glaze or synthetic coating.

Read up on how to avoid swirls and enjoy your new car.