speed camera detectors

RHODIE

Reaction score
I had a pogo alert but it has just given up on me after many years of brilliant service. I am looking at the road angel gem, does anyone use one? or recommend another one?

I use the CamerAlert app on the iPhone, seems to work well enough.
Cost me 59p.

Reactions: CHEZ
thanks buddy. I was trying to stay away from using the phone for everything.

I have a Road Angel - Gem and it works perfectly.

Constantly updated (subscription needed), all camera alerts including known locations for camera vans, it also alerts of known black spot areas.

I tried the apps but they've always been hit and miss along with problems if I was streaming music from my phone etc

i run the Snooper S120R EU. I've used snooper for years, and i can't recommend this enough, bluetooth connection to your phone, notifications of live cameras and camera sites also alerts you to laser (speed guns).

cobra-s120r-eu-0.jpg

i run the Snooper S120R EU. I've used snooper for years, and i can't recommend this enough, bluetooth connection to your phone, notifications of live cameras and camera sites also alerts you to laser (speed guns).

cobra-s120r-eu-0.jpg

I have a question about the laser detector, would it not be the case that once it's detected the laser its too late?, and secondly wouldn't the laser have to shine on the sensor? laser's by their nature an invisible unless reflecting off a surface (which is the same for any kind of electromagnetic wave, but they are directed as opposed to omni-directional like visible light)

I only ask as i got caught speeding on the motorway with a handheld device last year, and the officer lased me from quite a distance away, so slowing down once i saw his car didn't avail me at all.

I have a question about the laser detector, would it not be the case that once it's detected the laser its too late?, and secondly wouldn't the laser have to shine on the sensor? laser's by their nature an invisible unless reflecting off a surface (which is the same for any kind of electromagnetic wave, but they are directed as opposed to omni-directional like visible light)

I only ask as i got caught speeding on the motorway with a handheld device last year, and the officer lased me from quite a distance away, so slowing down once i saw his car didn't avail me at all.

They pick up from about a mile and detect a use of a laser, so doesn't have to used on you, just being used in the area. I've had it the laser warning several times on the M4 between Bristol and Newbury. once it goes off it does make you very cautious of your speed. i have found it very helpful.

Auto express have tested a few detectors, might be worth a read.

Cheers

Chris