After a long break from the forum......

Tim Howard

Reaction score
Hello All,

I don't think I've been an active participant since roughly 2011 having taken delivery of my first Audi, an A4 Cabriolet in December 2007 so hello again!
Well after a bit of a break from owning my own cars (and therefore not being able to modify them), I am about to collect my MY2011 TT Coupe on Sunday, and have a few plans for it already, albeit subtle ones for now such as windows tints, retro-fitted park system plus and possibly a remap?

I don't really know anything about the TT, and absolutely nothing about the 2.0 TFSI, other than I hear they are fairly robust, particularly the timing chain variants. I've been assured mine has the EA888 engine (it's the 211 PS model). I hope I can confirm this as despite having only covered 18k miles, it is 5 years old and therefore belt replacement due, if it isn't.

It also has the Magnetic Ride, which most people seem to think is a gimmick. It's certainly pretty unpopular, but I've always wanted to drive a car with it to see if you can feel the difference. I'm familiar with the RNS-E and Technology Pack as both my A4 Cabriolet and A3 Black Edition had these. Seems a bit dated alongside the Google based Technology Pack in my wifes A3 Saloon, but they are all features I'd not want to live without any more.

Okay well, I am looking forward to having a read up on the other posts now and learn a bit about my new car. I hope to be a more active member of the forum again from now on.

Here is my car, in the dealers showroom. I can't wait to collect it, it certainly seemed to have some punch on the test drive!

MyAudi.jpg

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Car looks really nice. Just a few more days to wait. Hope you enjoy the car and the forum :)