Virtual Dyno

xpoweruk

TTTS 8J Smile Machine
Reaction score
Did a VCDS 3rd gear pull today,then put the CSV file into Virtual Dyno :)

I used the 100ron Revo map
Top image from Virtual dyno VS actual dyno printout
Quite close to each other I think

Bare in mind that the VCDS logs only went up to 6,600 for the Virtual Dyno

Revo 100 ron SAE adjusted
WP 20151117 002

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Chop.
Used to use virtual dyno whilst self tuning my Mazda. I found 1.01 correction factor and smoothing 3 gave the closest figures to a real dyno.

448 wheel horse power (around 520 Bhp)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: xpoweruk
I have used it and it does work quite well if you get the weight correct and tweak the correction factor. It will give you a reasonable idea if any changes you have made have been positive. You need to find a nice flat run and use the same stretch every time to get comparable readings.
Use Turbo mode on VCDS logging to get as many readings as possible.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Had another log with a few more data points (turbo mode & group UDS requests used)

After getting used to the options etc I think this is a more accurate representation :)

Also SAE adjusted for yesterdays pressure & temperature
Smoothing factor of 1
404HP @ the wheels & 409 FtLb
Revo 1 smoothinf 1

Last edited:
I've been playing with VirtualDyno again lol

Had the weight set too hight previously (also found the legend setting hahaa) so it was screwing with the figures a bit.(every day is a school day :) ) Also got VCDS working better so I am getting more data points when logging.

I wanted to try some Octane boosters in with th 100 RON Revo map because we only have 99 available & I thought it may be interesting
Last week I tried millers Eco boost to see how it was,mixed as stated on the bottle
This week I tried Bio-Ethanol,For a start I have mixed 1litre of ethanol with a full tank of fuel (then drove to Leeds & back MPG around 27)

Any way I found the results quite interesting
Millers v ethanol

Took a little comparison pic of the ignition advance millers v ethanol.

As I expected the ethanol is aiding in this area nicely

RPM left column Ignition advance right column

Milers Ethanol ignition

I will be trying more ethanol in the future to see what difference that makes :)

Last edited:
Reactions: skiptowncat and desertstorm
Did some more logging today.
This time it was 3.5L ethanol in a full tank of tesco 99 :) (after plenty of driving to empty the tank )
No more than this is needed with the Revo stage 1+ because the S4 didn't pull any ignition advance/0 knock was detected on any cylinder :)
Maybe less could be used,but I'm hoping to get to Pod this weekend so wanted a guaranteed amount to use

These are the VirtualDyno graphs + a screen grab of the same area of RPM/Ignition advance (same as the above post)

1l eth v 35l eth v Millers
Ethanol 35

Peak power with either ethanol mix is similar,but the higher ethanol mix has much better power mid to high before peak :)

I forgot to add....

On the first 2 runs (Millers & ethanol 1L per tank) 1-2.225 degrees of advance was removed due to knock.

On the highest ethanol mix I used all 6 cylinders had ZERO knock so nothing was pulled.

So if you take that into consideration the difference is even more impressive :)

I got my car revo'd last weekend and am unsure of the SPS settings.

Is the 100 ron map SPS #4? I presume #3 is for super unleaded and #2 for regular.

Out of interest, have you checked for knock on the lower SPS settings

Your correct in the thinking on the SPS 4 is the 100 file

I havent got logs saved of the 98 RON file,but you do see some knock in the higher revs (no more than expected though , couple of degrees)

Reactions: Speedy gonzales