What have Audi done to the 3.0tdi exhaust!!!!

Agric04

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Am I wrong or have Audi dropped the dual exhaust on the new Audi A5 3.0tdi?

If this is right, why would they do this? The dual exhaust really makes the 3.0tdi look the part imo!

They most be scraping the bottom of the barrel of the spare parts bin as they come to the end of production!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    473 KB · Views: 966
Bottom pic is probably a 2.0 TDI quattro or the wrong image used.

No they have changed the exhaust on the new 3.0TDI. it is now just a twin exhaust on the one side like the 2.0TDI. The ad blue tank now sits on the right hand side so there is no room for the single exhaust on each side.

DrEskimo, thanks that clears the reasoning up.

I really hope it's not a sign of things to come, I hate the twin exhausts on one side look. Fitted the 3.0tdi exhaust to my 2.0tdi to get away from that look.

Was wishing I'd bought the 3.0tdi instead of the 2.0tdi, but now they've wrecked the rear end look, I'm a little less bothered! Kicking myself for being sensible and buying the 2.0tdi, should have bought the 3.0tdi when they still came with the dual exhaust!

Hopefully this image of the new A4 is a 3.0tdi and shows the return of the dual exhaust. Hopefully just a temporary blip in Audi's styling to shoehorn an adblue tank into an old design on the current A5!

Only one way to be sure of getting exhausts each side...buy a S/RS5 :p

Bit disappointing that really, I put a 3.0 exhaust on a 2.0, tidies the back end up well.
DrEskimo, thanks that clears the reasoning up.

I really hope it's not a sign of things to come, I hate the twin exhausts on one side look. Fitted the 3.0tdi exhaust to my 2.0tdi to get away from that look.

View attachment 81669

Was wishing I'd bought the 3.0tdi instead of the 2.0tdi, but now they've wrecked the rear end look, I'm a little less bothered! Kicking myself for being sensible and buying the 2.0tdi, should have bought the 3.0tdi when they still came with the dual exhaust!

I took inspiration from your original thread and done the same albeit on a 15 plate A4!

Hello, I know this thread is a bit old but I'm struggling to find information elsewhere so hope you could help please.

I have 2.0tdi a5 year 2013.

I am looking to fit a 3.0 tdi exhaust, my question is can I buy a 3.0tdi exhaust from a pre facelift model or does it have to be from a facelift like my car is?

Also, does the exhaust have to be from a 3.0tdi or can i get a dual one from a petrol equivalent?

Thanks a lot

I would say you are better going to an exhaust shop and they will fabricate a rear silencer back exhaust and usually cheaper than buying a gen exhaust.
I did on my 2.0tdi but opted for a rear box delete and really loved it, diesel sounds barely changes as back boxes do very little on them.

Thanks for the response, I have considered a system from the centre back but I just have concerns of fitment. I have had systems in the past and while they align well when the car is cold, they have tended to go out of line when the exhaust is hot (one pipe sticking out further than the other).

I was just hoping to get a 3.0tdi exhaust and then upgraded the tips, at least then I know it'll align well. Not wanting it to sound louder, just to look better really.

well that's a new one I haven't heard before about different lenghts! might argue you used a low quality place :S they would usually measure and make it up on the car before welding the joins, has been that way on my last 2... be hard to make different lengths by mistake with that method. sure you didn't just put a random one from ebay on which seem like you are describing?
chasis is all the same so technically fine to use from another model with dual exit, however i stand by a custom is cheaper and easier if you go to a exhaust place, I used EMP Performance for the a4 and s5, not the cheapest but life time guarantee :)

Reactions: RS5 JON