Was about to buy a new S5 but now looking at 2.0TFSI BE Plus

AFN1980

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So on the weekend I was set to pull the trigger on a new S5 sportback in sepang blue when I got a call from the dealer telling me I can't have one with 5 seats! It's not an option.

I spent about a week on the spec and working on the finance with the dealer to have my heart broken. It's crazy bcause another dealer said yes you can and then I get told you can't after research it looks like you can't have 5 seats. I only use the 5 seats maybe 2-3 times in a month but it is a must for me.

I am now looking at getting the 2.0TFSI BE plus. I was after peoples opinions on the 2.0TFSI.

Spec I am looking at

2.0TFSI Quattro BE PLUS
Sepang Blue
Tech Pack
Mobile High with Audi connect
Verno Leather
Assistance Pack
Audi Drive Select
Convenience Pack
Damper control
Dynamic Steering
Sunroof
Hill Hold
Led Interior pack
Parking CAM

Anything else i should consider? Any input appreciated.

Cheers

I came from a 2.0TFSI FWD to a S5. Never driven and 2.0TFSI Quattro though.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I suspect you already know this, but the S5 is in a different league to the 2.0TFSI....

Real world fuel economy isn't much different from what I've read, yet performance and sound is much better on the S. The 2.0TFSI is very quiet (something I really liked) and the power is decent. Its still a cracking choice, but perhaps disappointing if you want the S5 performance and sound. Guess remaps and performance exhausts can fix that, if thats your thing.

Spec looks good. Make sure you're getting around 18% discount. Seems to be the average level of discount.

Cheers for the reply. I wanted the S5 as I used to have an S4 and that 3.0l and sound was music. I loved it. I had to be sensible and ended up in an A6 ultra after but have had enough. Hence wanted the S5.

Discount wise I am getting the 18% and they are also taking care of the negative equity in my car. Not a huge amount but all adds up.

Mods wise I am open to changing things. I think the exhaust will be something I will do. Am hoping the toys plus the drive select and damping control will allow me to tweak the car a bit to how I want it. I couldn't go for the stock setup.

I also miss Quattro so that is a must for me.

Am test driving a car tomorrow to see what it is like. Mind you i haven't been able to find one with drive select and damping control. so will see how it goes.

Will update once I have driven it. cheers

Preaching to the choir here then....! Only had mine a few months so you'll likely know it far better than me :p

Be interested to see how you get on. I originally was just looking to upgrade my old 2.0 to a new one with S-Tronic (rather than multitronic) and quattro, but the price of the S5 was the same so it seems daft not to get that instead.

I was worried about the additional fuel bill, but as I said, I was relieved when I heard others getting only around 5MPG more, on average.

Drive select with all the bits is like gold dust on existing stock....wish I could of got it on my S5, but the need to spec the Tech Pack to get Sat Nav cleaned me out....

Not much help I know, but @AFN1980 you will always wish you bought the S5 IMHO

If you've had a S4, you will know exactly what I mean with that 3 litre V6 supercharged engine

Reactions: DrEskimo
Not much help I know, but @AFN1980 you will always wish you bought the S5 IMHO

If you've had a S4, you will know exactly what I mean with that 3 litre V6 supercharged engine

Yea..get an S5 and tell the 4th passenger to walk....

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Hey Guys, So I went to test drive the 2.0TFSI today. I didn't even get in the car. I saw a lovely A5 in the showroom and went and sat in it. I took one look at the back seats and thought there is no way i would get 5 in the back. I mean with 2 car seats there would be enough space for a slice of bread! That instantly threw a spanner in the works.

@DrEskimo - the 4th Passenger if I did have one would be the wife. She would have to sit in the back so I could take my partialy disabled mother out! (don't worry no offence taken) :playful:.

Anyway now I was in a dilemma. I mean don't get me wrong I currently have an A6 S-line ultra edition but I miss that petrol V6. Walking around the showroom and used cars outside I came across a very nice looking A7 in white black edition. Took this for a test drive even though it was a 3.0 (204PS) diesel. The car was a lovely drive. being back in a quattro and the build of the A7 is awesome. Space wise it is perfect for me and is a lovely motor.

So now I am going to try and get a 3.0TFSI A7. Not sure if i will get new or used. I think I may have found the best of both worlds for me. The enigine I want and the similar style to an A5 but bigger.:yahoo:

Sorry A5/S5 guys I have to move away to the world of the A7.

Reactions: DrEskimo
Haha sorry buddy. Of course I meant one of the children...gotta start them young! :p

Sounds like the perfect match. I do like the A7. It is ****** massive though!! Struggled to get it into parking spaces when I had one as a loaner for a few days....! Still, a stunning car!

Hope you get the deal you are after on it. Will keep my eye out for your new thread on the A7 section. I adore them in Daytona Grey :)

Understand why you need one but I always thought the back of the A7 looks like an elephant sat on it:shrug:.

I would try the 3.0 TDI A6 if you need extra room in the back.

TBH though have you tried out a 5 seat A5 sportback in 3.0 TDI, if it's once a month could you not do 2 kids (centre and side) plus Mum/Misses in the back and other in the front.

300bhp and 40mpg is a big incentive and more power than a mapped 2.0TFSI will ever have?:superman: